$ 1500 CAD build ( i made a parts list already please just review it)

Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
31 minutes ago, covid19king1 said:

I was gonna go with the b650 but i (for not related reasons) need wifi and it would be another $50 for a good wifi card. Would the b650M be ultimately worth it?

Did not realize that the A620 board had WiFi. I still probably would try to go for the B650M option if possible, worst case scenario you can just use for phone as a WiFi adapter for a month or so until you can either get a cable run or afford a WiFi adapter, but if that's a little jank for you I wouldn't blame you for going for the A620 board. 

PBO and upgradeability are the main reasons to have the B650 over the A620, since PBO should give a couple percent more performance, and the A620 boards have really weird issues with higher power draw CPUs. If that couple percent of performance doesn't matter to you, and you never plan to upgrade the CPU, the A620 board is fine, otherwise I'd spend the extra on the B650 option. 

**What will you be doing with this PC? Be as specific as possible, and include specific games or programs you will be using.**

Doing light video editing and playing games such as : War thunder, Minecraft, Microsoft flight sim 2020, Forza motorsport, forza horizon 5, Age of empires 4, Cities skylines 2, timberborn, beamng.drive and some other games in the future

**What is your maximum budget before rebates/shipping/taxes?**

$1500 CAD

**When do you plan on building/buying the PC? Note: beyond a week or two from today means any build you receive will be out of date when you want to buy.**

Buying sometime this week and building as soon as all of the parts have arived

**What, exactly, do you need included in the budget? (Tower/OS/monitor/keyboard/mouse/etc\)**

Just the tower (micro atx if possible)

**Which country (and state/province) will you be purchasing the parts in? If you're in US, do you have access to a Microcenter location?**

Canada (amazon, newegg and canada computers are my preferred sellers)

**If reusing any parts (including monitor(s)/keyboard/mouse/etc), what parts will you be reusing? Brands and models are appreciated.**

I have a cheap office keyboard (had a better one but it broke) and a razer deathadder essential

**Will you be overclocking? If yes, are you interested in overclocking right away, or down the line? CPU and/or GPU?**

Probably not

**Are there any specific features or items you want/need in the build? (ex: SSD, large amount of storage or a RAID setup, CUDA or OpenCL support, etc)**

I want ssd storage for windows and my games and im moving my hard drives over from my old pc

**Do you have any specific case preferences (Size like ITX/microATX/mid-tower/full-tower, styles, colors, window or not, LED lighting, etc), or a particular color theme preference for the components?**

micro atx (something like the SAMA IM01)

**Do you need a copy of Windows included in the budget? If you do need one included, do you have a preference?**

No

**Extra info or particulars:**

i made this parts list PCPartPicker Part List: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/8s2HbL

I quite frequently play Beam.NG, R7 2700X and 3060 12gb. "Usually" I'll see 60+ FPS on high, 1080p, on a 144hz monitor. Runs good, but as I load more vehicles, especially "Ai" vehicles, that's when FPS starts to tank

I'm gonna go find my own tech support...

with BLACKJACK and HOOKERS!

(Welcome to LTT Forums)

16 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Pretty good. The only critique I have is the motherboard, since the B650M version of that board is ~$25 cheaper and just a better board overall. The board you're using would work, but the A620 boards are known to give weird behavior, and if you can avoid them, you should. 

https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/C3cCKX

I was gonna go with the b650 but i (for not related reasons) need wifi and it would be another $50 for a good wifi card. Would the b650M be ultimately worth it?

In addition to a B650 motherboard with WiFi, consider a less expensive NVMe drive with DRAM cache and an ATX 3.0 compliant PSU with native 12VHPWR connector support.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600 3.8 GHz 6-Core Processor ($269.00 @ Newegg Canada) 

Motherboard: ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi Micro ATX AM5 Motherboard ($194.99 @ Newegg Canada) 

Memory: ADATA XPG Lancer Blade 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($114.88 @ Canada Computers) 

Storage: TEAMGROUP T-Force Cardea Z44Q 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($133.99 @ PC-Canada) 

Video Card: Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7800 XT 16 GB Video Card ($698.50 @ Vuugo) 

Case: Asus Prime AP201 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($106.70 @ Vuugo) 

Power Supply: MSI MAG A750GL PCIE5 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($119.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Total: $1638.05

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-02-02 23:36 EST-0500

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

31 minutes ago, covid19king1 said:

Did not realize that the A620 board had WiFi. I still probably would try to go for the B650M option if possible, worst case scenario you can just use for phone as a WiFi adapter for a month or so until you can either get a cable run or afford a WiFi adapter, but if that's a little jank for you I wouldn't blame you for going for the A620 board. 

PBO and upgradeability are the main reasons to have the B650 over the A620, since PBO should give a couple percent more performance, and the A620 boards have really weird issues with higher power draw CPUs. If that couple percent of performance doesn't matter to you, and you never plan to upgrade the CPU, the A620 board is fine, otherwise I'd spend the extra on the B650 option.