Bad performance on RX 7900 XT

ChubbyWubby

Hey yall, i just recently upgraded my gpu in my system from an rtx 2070 super to an rx 7900 xt, and im getting kind of poor performance. for example in cs2 i used the same exact setting as a friend of mine who has the same system I do but he gets 550+ fps in cs2 but i can only get barely 350. my fps isn't limited and i did a user benchmark and it says everythings running perfectly so idk whats going on. 

UserBenchmarks: Game 260%, Desk 109%, Work 289%
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - 106.1%
GPU: AMD RX 7900-XT - 252.1%
SSD: Samsung 870 EVO 1TB - 91.7%
SSD: Samsung 980 PRO with Heatsink 2TB - 418.8%
RAM: G.SKILL F4 DDR4 3000 C16 2x16GB - 120.2%
MBD: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS (MS-7C37)

Saying you have used Userbenchmark is absolutely worthless. Its a garbage site and is not to be used or trusted.

Did you do the Display driver uninstaller (Called DDU) and full cleaned out all the old drivers before installing the new ones?

What is his EXACT system? Just saying he has similar settings is also pretty damn worthless for comparison testing.

You dont gain much unless you have a 360 hz monitor going above 300+ FPS. Even then its more then likely old drivers conflicting.

2 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Saying you have used Userbenchmark is absolutely worthless. Its a garbage site and is not to be used or trusted.

Did you do the Display driver uninstaller (Called DDU) and full cleaned out all the old drivers before installing the new ones?

What is his EXACT system? Just saying he has similar settings is also pretty damn worthless for comparison testing.

You dont gain much unless you have a 360 hz monitor going above 300+ FPS. Even then its more then likely old drivers conflicting.

Yes i did use a DDU software to remove my old drivers. could there be a way it didn't remove all of them somehow?

well in my testing with my friend he and i hopped into a game and we both used the exact same settings in game and he was getting more fps than i was idk if that helps much but thats what we did he had an equivalent gpu (a 4070 ti) and the same cpu but was getting better performance.

ik i have a 144hz monitor im not looking for crazy fps but when i play games like hell let loose on high settings im barely scratching 70 fps consistently.

2 minutes ago, ChubbyWubby said:

Yes i did use a DDU software to remove my old drivers. could there be a way it didn't remove all of them somehow?

well in my testing with my friend he and i hopped into a game and we both used the exact same settings in game and he was getting more fps than i was idk if that helps much but thats what we did he had an equivalent gpu (a 4070 ti) and the same cpu but was getting better performance.

ik i have a 144hz monitor im not looking for crazy fps but when i play games like hell let loose on high settings im barely scratching 70 fps consistently.

Thats because hell let loose has a hardcap of 60 FPS. Thats pretty much what the devs optimized for, you unlocking that cap to get more FPS isnt going to go very well if the devs dont do a good job of optimization. Quite a few posts about lower FPS in that game with decent GPUS.

CSGO prefers Nvidia GPUS. What is his CPU?

7 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Thats because hell let loose has a hardcap of 60 FPS. Thats pretty much what the devs optimized for, you unlocking that cap to get more FPS isnt going to go very well if the devs dont do a good job of optimization. Quite a few posts about lower FPS in that game with decent GPUS.

His friend is straight up telling lies to be honest.

4090 + 7800X3D can't average 500fps but we're to believe his friend with a 5900X + 4070ti is getting 550 fps.

CPU : Ryzen 7 7800X3D @ -18mv all core except -13mv on Core 5 because its a pig.

CPU Cooler : Deepcool AK620 Zero Dark

Mobo : MSI B650M-A Wifi MATX

Ram : 32GB (2X16GB) Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000MHZ CL34

GPU : Reference Design RX7900XT sold by Saphire running at 1050MV undervolt and +15% PL (355w)

Storage : 1TB WD SN770 + 2TB Samsung 970 Evo

PSU : Corsair HX750w Platinum

Case : Asus Prime AP201 All Mesh MATX

Case Fans : Arctic p12's everywhere i can fit them in , 7 In total.

Monitor : LG 27GP850-B.BEK 1440p Nano IPS 180Hz

Keyboard : HyperX Alloy Core RGB

Mouse : Corsair M65 Elite RGB

Headset : Corsair HS35 Gaming Headset

28 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

we're both using a the same cpu a ryzen 9 5900x if its locked at 60fps why can i get 70 and youtube videos i watch they're getting like 100 -120

27 minutes ago, Bagzie said:

4090 + 7800X3D can't average 500fps but we're to believe his friend with a 5900X + 4070ti is getting 550 fps.

well its not too out of line with youtube videos I'm watching 

1 hour ago, Bagzie said:

maybe someone is lying but didn't op say he *saw* it? lol...

also did op say that an amd gpu and a nvidia gpu are the "same system" or i am imagining things?

44 minutes ago, ChubbyWubby said:

why can i get 70 and youtube videos i watch they're getting like 100 -120

so first, never trust a youtube video, its very easy to fake, you never know if the system they say is running is actually in use or not a much better one - you simply *do not know* its way too easy to fake a video, and this of course done all the time (for a plethora of reasons) 

second, are we in agreement that you and your friend do not have the same system specs? 

you can't just assume amd and nvidia cards are the same, different drivers,  different architecture,  different optimization, etc  

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

-You and your friend are not using similar machines.

-Some standard checklist of items would include making sure your RAM is running in dual channel, you have BAR enabled, your CPU/GPU isn't throttling due to temps, DDU/latest drivers, and looking for the performance cap reason in GPU-z sensors.

-I suggest you use a canned benchmark like 3D Mark. After the test finishes, click "Compare results online" and see the average vs your score. If it's vastly different, post a screenshot here and we can go from there.

PC 1: CPU: i5 12600k     GPU: RTX 4080     MOTHERBOARD: Asus B650M-A D4       RAM: 16x4 DDR4 3200       POWERSUPPLY: EVGA 650 G6  

SSD: WD Black gen 4 x2 + Crucial MX 500 x2           

KEYBOARD: Keychron K4    MOUSE: Logitech G502 SE Hero   MOUSE PAD: Goliathus control XL   MONITOR: Alienware AW3423DW + LG 25UM58 + Dell 24"  Speakers: Edifier R1280T + SVS PB1000

Laptop: M1 MacBook Pro 16