PC not starting after secure boot

Go to solution Solved by Chapunna,

Also i found that reseting bios battery doesnt restore secure boot setting, your gpu does not supports secure boot, thats why you cant get signal, you have to use integrated graphics to disable secure boot in bios setting and then put back gpu

So basically I enabled secure boot in my BIOS saved and exited. I then proceeded to wait for my pc to boot up 1 minute goes by 5 minutes go by and 10 and so on. I went and checked it restarting it and it still wouldn’t boot up to bios or windows even tho the pc turns on and everything lights up fine. I took out the CMOS battery and shorted the CLR_CMOS pins like many suggested online yet it still wouldn’t boot up to windows or BIOS. My monitor and HDMI cable work fine when I tested them with my console. I don’t know what to try next I also tried booting up with no gpu or without the CMOS battery but nothing worked and now it still turns on but doesn’t boot anything. The fans also speed up and slow down in a loop if that is a giveaway for any problem. If anyone knows the problem or solution I would be more than grateful to try out ur ideas!

3 minutes ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

So basically I enabled secure boot in my BIOS saved and exited. I then proceeded to wait for my pc to boot up 1 minute goes by 5 minutes go by and 10 and so on. I went and checked it restarting it and it still wouldn’t boot up to bios or windows even tho the pc turns on and everything lights up fine. I took out the CMOS battery and shorted the CLR_CMOS pins like many suggested online yet it still wouldn’t boot up to windows or BIOS. My monitor and HDMI cable work fine when I tested them with my console. I don’t know what to try next I also tried booting up with no gpu or without the CMOS battery but nothing worked and now it still turns on but doesn’t boot anything. The fans also speed up and slow down in a loop if that is a giveaway for any problem. If anyone knows the problem or solution I would be more than grateful to try out ur ideas!

Remove your boot drive and see if it'll let you back to the UEFI. Enabling secure boot and/or disabling CSM will sometimes break your OS, though most the time, Windows can fix itself afterwards.

Ryzen 7950x3D Direct Die NH-D15

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Builder/Enthusiast/Overclocker since 2012  //  Professional since 2017

14 minutes ago, Agall said:

Remove your boot drive and see if it'll let you back to the UEFI. Enabling secure boot and/or disabling CSM will sometimes break your OS, though most the time, Windows can fix itself afterwards.

I tried it but it keeps doing the same thing turning on but not booting anything up

2 minutes ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

I tried it but it keeps doing the same thing turning on but not booting anything up

What hardware does your system have? Does it have an iGPU where you can start removing hardware, including a dGPU?

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

8 minutes ago, Agall said:

What hardware does your system have? Does it have an iGPU where you can start removing hardware, including a dGPU?

I have a dGPU and my hdmi cable is plugged into it

25 minutes ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

I have a dGPU and my hdmi cable is plugged into it

I mention this because if your CPU has an iGPU, then removing as many components as possible, including a dGPU, would eliminate variables for why you're apparently not POSTing.

Also, if you're not POSTing after removing the CMOS battery, I would ensure its making proper contact and installed properly.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

7 minutes ago, Agall said:

I mention this because if your CPU has an iGPU, then removing as many components as possible, including a dGPU, would eliminate variables for why you're apparently not POSTing.

Also, if you're not POSTing after removing the CMOS battery, I would ensure its making proper contact and installed properly.

I made sure everything is installed correctly and every component should be fine I just don’t POST screen

3 minutes ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

I made sure everything is installed correctly and every component should be fine I just don’t POST screen

That's nice and all, but if you're troubleshooting a system not POSTing, those are some of the things you have to do.

I would recommend including a list of hardware specifications to get better assistance as well.

RTX 4090 @133%/+230/+500

Just now, Agall said:

That's nice and all, but if you're troubleshooting a system not POSTing, those are some of the things you have to do.

I would recommend including a list of hardware specifications to get better assistance as well.

Thank you for your time and help it’s very much appreciated

5 minutes ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

Thank you for your time and help it’s very much appreciated

Remove gpu first, and then remove bios cmos battery, remember turn off power switch. Power pc without bios battery

Also i found that reseting bios battery doesnt restore secure boot setting, your gpu does not supports secure boot, thats why you cant get signal, you have to use integrated graphics to disable secure boot in bios setting and then put back gpu

29 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

I switched my CPU to one with an iGPU and I got into the bios and managed to disable it

1 minute ago, WIzzEdy54 said:

I switched my CPU to one with an iGPU and I got into the bios and managed to disable it

Good news ❤️ never enable secure boot again 🤣 we dont need windows 11 when we have 10

1 hour ago, Chapunna said:

your gpu does not supports secure boot, thats why you cant get signal, you have to use integrated graphics to disable secure boot in bios setting and then put back gpu

Would really like to know what the hardware is.  this is such a rare problem .

Workstation PC Specs: CPU - i7 8700K; MoBo - ASUS TUF Z390; RAM - 32GB Crucial; GPU - Gigabyte RTX 1660 Super; PSU - SeaSonic Focus GX 650; Storage - 500GB Samsung EVO, 3x2TB WD HDD;  Case - Fractal Designs R6; OS - Win10