CM MWE 850 V2 fan not spinning

Jay34

Hi I just got a MWE 850 V2 for my new build and when I took it out of the box and plugged it in the fan didn’t spin. I have no other way to figure out if it works or not. Does it have a 0 rpm mode or something? Ik im probably overeacting but this is my first full build and I don’t want to screw up anything.

21 minutes ago, Jay34 said:

Hi I just got a MWE 850 V2 for my new build and when I took it out of the box and plugged it in the fan didn’t spin. I have no other way to figure out if it works or not. Does it have a 0 rpm mode or something? Ik im probably overeacting but this is my first full build and I don’t want to screw up anything.

It sure does seem that this PSU has a ZERO RPM mode up until a certain wattage / temperature.

That being 250w according to Tom'sHardware when testing this PSU.

Most modern quality PSU's have this feature.
image.thumb.png.de83a6fc5ffc7de4395eff552416e517.png

1 hour ago, Hinjima said:

It sure does seem that this PSU has a ZERO RPM mode up until a certain wattage / temperature.

That being 250w according to Tom'sHardware when testing this PSU.

Most modern quality PSU's have this feature.
image.thumb.png.de83a6fc5ffc7de4395eff552416e517.png

Thanks. I ended up testing it in my old PC and it seems to be DOA anyway. Luckily I was able to return it and I got a Corsair instead

21 minutes ago, Jay34 said:

Thanks. I ended up testing it in my old PC and it seems to be DOA anyway. Luckily I was able to return it and I got a Corsair instead

Oh, thats unfortunate!

What Corsair unit did you get?

I personaly only use the RMx/RMi series from Corsair and SuperFlower PSU's in all my builds ( 50+ builds last year alone ) Not ran into a single issue with those PSU's.

36 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Oh, thats unfortunate!

What Corsair unit did you get?

I personaly only use the RMx/RMi series from Corsair and SuperFlower PSU's in all my builds ( 50+ builds last year alone ) Not ran into a single issue with those PSU's.

RM850x! had to run to a Best Buy and grab one before they closed but it works great! And the cables are way better too so it all worked out 🙂