Headset suggestion, under 100€, barracuda X alternative

Paulo_Andre

My company provided me with some Razer Barracuda X (2022) headphones to use for meetings. I know these are gaming headphones, but I'm glad they use them for meetings, they're sooo comfortable after multi-hour meetings I'm thinking of buying some for my personal use.

I wanted to ask the community if there is something with a similar (or lower) price tag that matches my requirements and what I love about the barracuda X.

Please note that everything I mention here is with relation to the Barracuda X, they are my reference, and basically my only experience with decent headphones. For me, they match all the required and all the nice to have except the active noise cancellation.

My requirements (by order of importance):

Bluetooth connection - For use with windows PC, but if they support multi-device maybe android as well

Ultra-comfortable

Great voice quality (both hearing and recording)

Good bluetooth range

Good music quality

My nice to have (by order of importance):

Detachable or integrated mic

Volume control on the headphones

Great bluetooth range

Mic on/off control on the headphones

Active noice cancellation

Not many of my friends have Bluetooth headsets anymore but an overwhelming amount that do, all have Steelseries ones. Their Bluetooth range is also pretty good cause too often the go to the loo for a quick break, forget to turn off their mic and you can hear everything...

So solid A+ for range even through walls.

I can hear them great and sound quality is good when I tried them. Can't recall about noise cancellation though. I think that's out of your price range. Talking about price, my reference is only the pricy models, Artis Pro and Nova models, starting from 150eur sitting at 200+ comfy. Steelseries has a under 100eur model but not sure how many corners they cut to get the price down.

Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X3D - Kraken X62 Rev 2 - STRIX X470-I - 3600MHz 32GB Kingston Fury - 250GB 970 Evo boot - 2x 500GB 860 Evo - 1TB P3 - 4TB HDD - RX6800 - RMx 750 W 80+ Gold - Manta - Silent Wings Pro 4's enjoyer

SetupZowie XL2740 27.0" 240hz - Roccat Burt Pro Corsair K70 LUX browns - PC38X - Mackie CR5X's

Current build on PCPartPicker

Thanks for your feedback.

You're right, I'm asking too much with the ANC, and probably not many choices on bluetooth either below 100€.

Since I have the barracuda X and know exactly how they behave, that's my first choice, the steelseries are not cheaper nor they have anything on paper that is better. Even the range you mention, I have the same experience with the barracuda, so for now I'm still going with another barracuda pair.

I did check the more expensive steelseries you mentioned, they are better, no doubt about it, but I feel they are too much for what I'm going to use.