Seeking a way to filter out microphone background noise/clutter at the interface level

BigDashT
Go to solution Solved by RONOTHAN##,
1 minute ago, BigDashT said:

(something that allows me to feed my microphone input directly into something like Krisp then output it as a virtual audio device would be amazing)

So RTX Voice? Everything you're describing, at least to me, sounds exactly like what RTX voice is designed to do. The only downsides to it is that it requires the use of a Nvidia GPU from the 900 series or newer, but that can be had for next to nothing on the used market these days and it's incredibly good at reducing input noise. Pretty sure it's now bundled into the Nvidia Broadcast program rather than standalone like it used to be, but it still does work. 

AMD also has a version of it that works the same way, though theirs is no where near as good, and it should only really be considered an option if you already own a semi recent AMD card (RX 470 or something) you can test it with for free. 

Both of those are free as long as you own the respective GPUs, so consider that the license fee. 

Hi LMG Forums,

I am looking for advice on how I can remove background noise from my microphone input at a device level. I am aware that Discord and other applications use Krisp to filter out background noise on the application level, but I need something that can allow me to do this at the interface level. I need this because I am doing some stuff with RVC which requires that I plug my microphone interface directly into the application to record and I cannot have background noise messing the conversion up.

I am looking for either a software that would allow me to do this with a virtual microphone interface (something that allows me to feed my microphone input directly into something like Krisp then output it as a virtual audio device would be amazing) or alternatively a microphone setup that has some kind of noise suppression built into the device itself (i've been told that some XLR microphones can do this, but I haven't been able to find any with a cursory google search)

I am willing to use paid software as long as a perpetual license is available for it or buy a full on new microphone setup if it does what I need it to do. Would prefer not to spend more than $300 if possible.

I have considered downloading Krisp itself, but the free version is limited to 60 minutes a day and the pro version has no option for a perpetual license.

1 minute ago, BigDashT said:

(something that allows me to feed my microphone input directly into something like Krisp then output it as a virtual audio device would be amazing)

So RTX Voice? Everything you're describing, at least to me, sounds exactly like what RTX voice is designed to do. The only downsides to it is that it requires the use of a Nvidia GPU from the 900 series or newer, but that can be had for next to nothing on the used market these days and it's incredibly good at reducing input noise. Pretty sure it's now bundled into the Nvidia Broadcast program rather than standalone like it used to be, but it still does work. 

AMD also has a version of it that works the same way, though theirs is no where near as good, and it should only really be considered an option if you already own a semi recent AMD card (RX 470 or something) you can test it with for free. 

Both of those are free as long as you own the respective GPUs, so consider that the license fee. 

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

They are genuinly amazing options. Also having a directional microphone helps heaps too as it will pick up only the noise in it's sphere or cone of acceptance.

Also bonus if op needs to be on the go laptops with a basic gpu that can do rtx voice are cheap on the used market.

13 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

How have I never heard of this program? I just tried it and its exactly what im looking for! Thank you! ❤️

It's Nvidia Broadcast now, RTX voice was the beta (and had some bugs)

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

46 minutes ago, BigDashT said:

or alternatively a microphone setup that has some kind of noise suppression built into the device itself (i've been told that some XLR microphones can do this, but I haven't been able to find any with a cursory google search)

Search for mics with a cardioid pickup pattern, instead of an omnidirectional one. Cardioid mics pick up sounds in front of them and reject noise coming from behind. The venerable and ubiquitous Shure SM58 is a good example.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.