My 24 pin atx don’t fit on MB

I bought a hx1000i psu from Aorus  and I had a X670E-E Motherboard from Asus, everything was fine until I tried to plug the 24 pin atx which doesn’t fit on the MB, I thought it was a standard, is there a chance that they’re not compatible?

The cable is 24 pin in one side and 18+10 pin on the other, and my motherboard had the 24 pin atx.

Can someone help me? And the tell me what I’m doing wrong or confirm if the cable is defective.

Note: I ensured that I’m plugging in the right direction, checked if every shape of every pin match, and even tried to plug the 18+10 on the MB (which obviously doesn’t fit) in case I was plugging it backwards, I applied sufficient force btw.

Pictures? It should fit. That connector is standard . I would take a really close look at the pins and make sure that if it's a 20 + 4 connector from the power supply you have it seated together correctly

There’s the cable and the Motherboard entrance, looks right to me but simply I can’t plug them.

402F41CF-31F2-41A7-8654-855033B9C510.jpeg

B0803218-CE1D-401D-BE07-0B8B3013BE1F.jpeg

A9389345-A18E-4D98-AC7A-B490087D0B4B.jpeg

Its the right cable. Square goes up top, rounded bottom.  Should go right in with enough force. If its not going in you are doing it wrong, as this is not a 12VO psu so the cable should be in. Dual headed cable goes to the PSU.

As I said before I applied enough force, even with the risk of bend or break the motherboard. :s 

Then I assume the cable is defective, thanks to y’all for helping me out. 🙂

Nothing wrong with the cable and connector. I suspect a user error.