Installing CORSAIR iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX Liquid CPU Cooler/however at the same time < of new processor swap/issue?

Jatlon
Go to solution Solved by Jatlon,
On 2/14/2024 at 2:22 AM, RevGAM said:

As Dr. N and IG have stated, SATA PSU cables are designed to power multiple devices, hence the multiple sockets. You can absolutely connect your HDDs and fan hub to the same cable.

very unique, tho after you explained it made sense that I could've figured out; however primarily was concerned if that would spark the wire. This AM5 build was around 9 - 10 months in the making, not only expensive but near every component installed was carefully evaluated, reviewed & rated by both performance & efficiency

last question on the build itself & resolved!

At the same time of swapping processor & installing the software needed for the H100i, wondering what may need to look for or know

If you had other software for your previous cooling solution I'd uninstall that first. Other than that you shouldn't encounter anything weird; installation should be the same for the most part. Double-check and make sure you remove the plastic cover from the block. This tends to be forgotten more often than you'd think. 

On 1/29/2024 at 5:54 PM, redbaron297 said:

If you had other software for your previous cooling solution I'd uninstall that first. Other than that you shouldn't encounter anything weird; installation should be the same for the most part. Double-check and make sure you remove the plastic cover from the block. This tends to be forgotten more often than you'd think. 

other than the adapter needing for the rgb hub/commander, the topic basically is resolved/corsair iQue software will detect the water cooler & can customize multiple ways works/rgb lighting as well

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2024 at 5:54 PM, redbaron297 said:

CW-8960071-1.webp?width=3840&quality=85&

as of now just needing to know what is the adapter called that plugs into the cartridge connection; best buy didn't have & not much of an idea from many searches what the adapter is called to complete the watercoolers powering. Figuring knowing what am specifying with which cable for the adapter connection am talking about; the large/cartridge type cable

On 2/10/2024 at 2:56 AM, Jatlon said:

CW-8960071-1.webp?width=3840&quality=85&

as of now just needing to know what is the adapter called that plugs into the cartridge connection; best buy didn't have & not much of an idea from many searches what the adapter is called to complete the watercoolers powering. Figuring knowing what am specifying with which cable for the adapter connection am talking about; the large/cartridge type cable

I assume by cartridge you mean the fan hub, correct?

Do you mean the cables pictured? One is SATA, the other is PWM or maybe 3-pin so that the mobo can control the hub. If you're referring to something else, please provide photo(s) showing which port(s). Most likely it will be the cables from the fans. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

22 hours ago, RevGAM said:

I assume by cartridge you mean the fan hub, correct?

Do you mean the cables pictured? One is SATA, the other is PWM or maybe 3-pin so that the mobo can control the hub. If you're referring to something else, please provide photo(s) showing which port(s). Most likely it will be the cables from the fans. 

the other connections aren't a mystery, easy stuff; am specifying the cartridge [the largest cable connection for cooler,

that requires an adapter that then can be plugged to the motherboard] any other connection is easy, it's that largest connection/cartridge type [only cable like it]

IMG_20240121_162204_425.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jatlon said:

the other connections aren't a mystery, easy stuff; am specifying the cartridge [the largest cable connection for cooler,

that requires an adapter that then can be plugged to the motherboard] any other connection is easy, it's that largest connection/cartridge type [only cable like it]

Its called SATA power. Its the same used on SATA HDD's and SSD's.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

2 hours ago, Jatlon said:

IMG_20240121_162204_425.jpg

Like I said, that's SATA. It looks like the fingers of a cartridge, that's true, but it's the male connector. You need a SATA cable from your power supply with the female socket. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

6 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Like I said, that's SATA. It looks like the fingers of a cartridge, that's true, but it's the male connector. You need a SATA cable from your power supply with the female socket. 

wow... describing as a sata makes easy sense, but mostly out of google searches & ebay searches/nothing/being very literal [no idea how possible]

thanks all! & again/now topic resolved

9 hours ago, DoctorNick said:

Its called SATA power. Its the same used on SATA HDD's and SSD's.

hmm wondering if can be connected to same sata's that 2 hardrives are with/? or connectedifferently/?

52 minutes ago, Jatlon said:

hmm wondering if can be connected to same sata's that 2 hardrives are with/?

If you mean that you have 1 cable coming from the power supply to 2 hard drives, but it has an extra connector, yes you can plug into that.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

13 hours ago, Jatlon said:

hmm wondering if can be connected to same sata's that 2 hardrives are with/? or connectedifferently/?

Yes of course.

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

On 2/12/2024 at 10:45 AM, IkeaGnome said:

If you mean that you have 1 cable coming from the power supply to 2 hard drives, but it has an extra connector, yes you can plug into that.

thinking connects to it's own sata connection/probably what are referring to; not paired on same sata connection with the 2 hardrives

15 hours ago, Jatlon said:

thinking connects to it's own sata connection/probably what are referring to; not paired on same sata connection with the 2 hardrives

As Dr. N and IG have stated, SATA PSU cables are designed to power multiple devices, hence the multiple sockets. You can absolutely connect your HDDs and fan hub to the same cable.

On 2/14/2024 at 2:22 AM, RevGAM said:

very unique, tho after you explained it made sense that I could've figured out; however primarily was concerned if that would spark the wire. This AM5 build was around 9 - 10 months in the making, not only expensive but near every component installed was carefully evaluated, reviewed & rated by both performance & efficiency

last question on the build itself & resolved!