Windows is not recognising my microphone

gravdestroyer

I have a Shure SM58 and a Behringer UMC 22 interface and I can’t record any audio on my PC. For some reason, my Mic is not recognised by my PC and I went to Microsoft customer support and spent hours in their live chat window trying to fix the problem. I have an HP prebuilt PC and Microsoft said I need to download the windows 11 drivers for sound and network along with the bios update and firmware. I went to the HP website and there were no windows 11 drivers for my pc and when I went to customer support they said I have to purchase some kind of licence from Microsoft. I don’t want to get stuck in this infinite loop and it has been VERY frustrating trying to record even the slightest bit of audio. The funny thing is that my acer laptop (Which freezes up even when I’m just dragging the mouse) can record audio just fine so I’m not sure what the problem even is. Can you guys give any help? Thanks in advance.

Acer Predator Helios 500

8th Gen Intel Core i7 8750H

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 8GB (Mobile)

16GB DDR4 SDRAM

1TB Hard Drive

256 GB Solid State Drive

Processor Speed 2.20 GHz

Wireless LAN Standard IEEE 802.11ac

Screen Resolution 1920 × 1080

Operating System: Windows 10 Home

I am not sure who you called but I think you were just minutes away from getting scammed (if not already).

First of all see if you have any devices with exclamation marks here.

image.png.4920d1ce8bec8f9620e2502518df5d07.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

50 minutes ago, gravdestroyer said:

I went to the HP website and there were no windows 11 drivers for my pc

?
Behringer UMC 22 connects via USB to your PC, it doesn't rely on mobo sound card.
image.thumb.png.8aa0e398b46b2a3d30d444ed5cc4e692.png

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet