Needing a UPS

DrLoneZebra

I've been experiencing frequent "blips" of power specifically on the breaker that my computer is on(also controls half my basement, fridge, and all the rest of the outlets in my kitchen 🤦‍♂️).  Rewiring my house is out of the question for obvious reasons, so I'm turning to the idea of a UPS to help ensure my system wont go down during high load and demanding titles.  I'm no electrician so I'm not sure that it will solve my issues entirely, but ive always thought having one for emergencies would be a nice to have for a while now.

System info:

Ryzen 7 5800x3D

RTX 3080

PSU EVGA Supernova 1300G2

I've seen this one recommended on a different post Tripp Lite SMART 1300LCDT, Understandably hesitant as my psu is 1300w and this only supplies 720w(yes I know I'm not pulling 1300w).

Recommendations/information would be appreciated!

for the issue of what wattage UPS to buy, this is my rule of thumb:

- buy one of those cheap plug-in-the-wall wattmeters, plug everything in you want behind the UPS, and figure out the most demanding scenario you can test. take note of the power draw.

- double said power draw, because for under-the-desk UPS'es the battery lifespan at 100% load is a joke even on a fresh battery, and at 50% load it's actually quite acceptable.

- round up to the nearest available wattage. (if your math comes out to 700 and there's a 650 and 750 watt model, you grab the 750 one)

as for which model of UPS to go for, i have some guidelines;

- ideally find something that outputs a pure sine wave

- buy units with at least a 24 volt battery pack, kinda counter-intuitively, the impact on a bigger battery pack is so much less that you'll end up spending less money on bigger battery pack replacements than on the cheaper smaller battery packs.

- before you buy one, look up a guide for how to replace the battery, so you know what you're getting yourself into. you should be expecting to replace the battery at least every 2-4 years.