5.1 Audio via optical or aux-pc to reciver

Hi, my issue is that I have a Bose media center 18, with a Ps28 3 sub with 5 speakers and a center. The back of the media center has a optical in, and it has a red and white RCA plug (aux). How do I get true 5.1 audio either through the Aux or optical to my MSI GAMING PLUS B550 mobo? either input is fine I just need to find out how I can get true 5.1? Thank you!

27 minutes ago, bUTterfly 12 said:

Hi, my issue is that I have a Bose media center 18, with a Ps28 3 sub with 5 speakers and a center. The back of the media center has a optical in, and it has a red and white RCA plug (aux). How do I get true 5.1 audio either through the Aux or optical to my MSI GAMING PLUS B550 mobo? either input is fine I just need to find out how I can get true 5.1? Thank you!

Use the optical SPDIF, it will be compressed, but will be 5.1 regardless.

Okay good to know. Do you know how to get into the system menu and enable optical out? I have the ir sensor and a universal remote but I read here (https://www.directutor.com/content/bose-home-theater-remote-control-codes) that you have to enable ir from the menu which I cant access without the original remote. Any ideas? To use optical I have to enable it in the menu that will pop up on my TV. I am only using the media center to use the subwoofer and front 3 and back 2 speakers. As the input on the subwoofer is a special 9 pin and not a normal connection. I have to pass the audio through the media center.

If I could figure out a way to get 5.1 on the aux that would be preferable, as with aux I dont have to enable it in the system menu. I can just go in there and use stereo, and it works, but if i plug in the center and both rears, the sound outpits through all speakers, none specifially.https://www.reddit.com/r/bose/comments/pzfy3l/lifestyle_av28_settings_menu_without_remote/ if possible, does anyone know the awnswer to this? then I could get into it and use the buttons on the reciver.

1 hour ago, bUTterfly 12 said:

Okay good to know. Do you know how to get into the system menu and enable optical out? I have the ir sensor and a universal remote but I read here (https://www.directutor.com/content/bose-home-theater-remote-control-codes) that you have to enable ir from the menu which I cant access without the original remote. Any ideas? To use optical I have to enable it in the menu that will pop up on my TV. I am only using the media center to use the subwoofer and front 3 and back 2 speakers. As the input on the subwoofer is a special 9 pin and not a normal connection. I have to pass the audio through the media center.

From what I see online, there is a settings button on the front of the unit, does that not work?

There is a:

store

volume + and -

on/off

all off

open/close

erase

source

enter

that's all the buttons and none of them bring up the system menu