Upgrading HP Probook 445 G8 laptop screen to 400 nits 100% sRGB

Budget (including currency): $130

My Hp laptop (Probook 445 G8) I just got from eBay has an inferior 250 nit 45% sRGB screen 1080p  (hp part no. M47408-001).

I want to upgrade the screen with one that is compatible within the service manual. I want the 400 nit 100% sRGB 1080p screen (hp part no. M47409-001) found on page 9 of 90 in the service manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07012041.pdf

Problem is I don’t know the model number that Samsung or LG or AOU or whoever assigned to this screen. The suppliers like laptopscreen.com and blisscomputers.com don’t have product specifications for the screens they carry other than resolution and whether it a 30 or 40 connector. I called them and they have model numbers only and only know if it is compatible. If I order I could get a worse screen than what I have since there are 9 screen variants. They need a model number if I want a screen that performs to my specs. I called HP multiple times and they don’t know and if they did they won’t tell me. They do sell the screen on hp.parts.com for $588 when I know that screen costs $100 elsewhere online.

Does anyone have the model number for the the 400 nit 100% sRGB 1080p screen (hp part no. M47409-001)? It can be found on the back of that lcd panel in an HP Probook with that screen.

17 minutes ago, Zwei7 said:

Budget (including currency): $130

My Hp laptop (Probook 445 G8) I just got from eBay has an inferior 250 nit 45% sRGB screen 1080p  (hp part no. M47408-001).

I want to upgrade the screen with one that is compatible within the service manual. I want the 400 nit 100% sRGB 1080p screen (hp part no. M47409-001) found on page 9 of 90 in the service manual http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c07012041.pdf

Problem is I don’t know the model number that Samsung or LG or AOU or whoever assigned to this screen. The suppliers like laptopscreen.com and blisscomputers.com don’t have product specifications for the screens they carry other than resolution and whether it a 30 or 40 connector. I called them and they have model numbers only and only know if it is compatible. If I order I could get a worse screen than what I have since there are 9 screen variants. They need a model number if I want a screen that performs to my specs. I called HP multiple times and they don’t know and if they did they won’t tell me. They do sell the screen on hp.parts.com for $588 when I know that screen costs $100 elsewhere online.

Does anyone have the model number for the the 400 nit 100% sRGB 1080p screen (hp part no. M47409-001)? It can be found on the back of that lcd panel in an HP Probook with that screen.

The M47408-001 number is the HP part number.

I found a page on Ebay with this exact screen https://www.ebay.com/itm/354307236456

Information below:

Part number:
HP M47409-001

Model number:
HP ProBook 445 G8
Dell Latitude 5410
Dell Latitude 5400

Desc Note:
1.Listed is Non Touch Screen.

Title - HP M47409-001

In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology has been applied to display panel, to improve viewing angle independence and enhance color reproduction, via arranging and switching the orientation of the molecules of the liquid crystal (LC) layer between the glass substrates.

Remove your screen and check if it's the same connector (30 pin) and on the same side. It should fit but definitely check your own screen first.

17 hours ago, Naijin said:

The M47408-001 number is the HP part number.

I found a page on Ebay with this exact screen https://www.ebay.com/itm/354307236456

Information below:

Part number:
HP M47409-001

Model number:
HP ProBook 445 G8
Dell Latitude 5410
Dell Latitude 5400

Desc Note:
1.Listed is Non Touch Screen.

Title - HP M47409-001

In-Plane Switching (IPS) technology has been applied to display panel, to improve viewing angle independence and enhance color reproduction, via arranging and switching the orientation of the molecules of the liquid crystal (LC) layer between the glass substrates.

Remove your screen and check if it's the same connector (30 pin) and on the same side. It should fit but definitely check your own screen first.

I am aware of that one, but the 400 nit one comes in a 72% sRGB and a 100% sRGB version and I asked them and they have no idea and want a model number from me.

In fact this seller "browngranite-LAPTOP-LCD-SCREENS" is actually blisscomputers.com when you message the seller or look at his listings https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=blisscomputers&store_name=browngranitelaptoplcdscreens&_oac=1