AMD Radeon software instant replay causing stutters

_joer_

Hi there,

My first post here, so not entirely sure whether I'm providing enough information, but I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

Basically I have this PC:
RX 6700XT
Ryzen 3700X (with adequate cooling, a Be Quiet! Dark rock in a lian li pc-o11 case with 9 fans)
32GB running at 3200Mhz

NVME storage for my operating system and a HDD for my games.

When I turn on the instant replay feature of the AMD Radeon software gameplay stutters A LOT. Most of the time for like, 3 seconds my screen will just freeze every 20 seconds. Literally unplayable.

I couldn't find anything on the internet on my own, can anybody help me? :)

recording settings radeon software.png

Is there a difference if you're using live replay for a game on the SSD, compared to the HD? Also, use DDU and do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your GPU drivers.

i will preface this with when i had an amd gpu it was *impossible* to use the recording function without frequent stutters... what's funny the recordings  themselves were mostly smooth...

My suggestion is to try OBS instead, it may or may not be an improvement, but it's worth a try. 

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

22 hours ago, MariaA said:

Is there a difference if you're using live replay for a game on the SSD, compared to the HD? Also, use DDU and do a clean uninstall and reinstall of your GPU drivers.

Thanks for your reply, games on my SSD are also destroying my frames sadly. I'll try reinstalling my drivers, but I've had to do that so many times already that if it wouldn't be nessecary I defenitely would not do it... But yeah, I'll ty it!

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i will preface this with when i had an amd gpu it was *impossible* to use the recording function without frequent stutters... what's funny the recordings  themselves were mostly smooth...

My suggestion is to try OBS instead, it may or may not be an improvement, but it's worth a try. 

Sadly I just want to record clips, not everytime I do anything something happens and editing afterwards is just, ugh, anyway, thanks for your reply 🙂