does anyone know where i can find a wifi 7 driver for windows 10?

JP5
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,
4 hours ago, JP5 said:

i dont hate windows 11 but i do hate that you need certain hardware in order to upgrade

There are ways to make a Windows 11 installer ignore the hardware 'requirement', and older PCs than yours run it fine for now.

Whether Microsoft ever implements features that actually require officially supported hardware is anyone's guess, though.

i recently bought a gigabyte GC-WIFI7 (rev 1.0) card and i found out that qualcomm doesn't offer any wifi 7 drivers for windows 10. upgrading to windows 11 isn't an option for me as i am running a 4790K and wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon. if anyone knows how to get this card to work that would be great. ive already tried the realtek and intel drivers that do say that they are compatible with windows 10 but it didnt work.

CPU: intel i7-4790k OC

Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark-s

RAM: 24gb DDR3 1866 (OC 1903Mhz) hyper-x fury blue

GPU: ROG STRIX GTX 1070

Case: ICUE 4000X

Storage: samsung 870 EVO 1TB

PSU: MSI MPG A850GF 850w psu

Display(s): 165hz 1080p 24" monitor

Cooling: thermalright peerless assasain cpu tower cooler

Keyboard: Logitech G815

Mouse: Logitech G502 Lightspeed with powerplay

Sound: Logitech G pro X wireless

Operating System: windows 10 home

Laptop: intel NUC M15 Laptop i7-1165G7 16GB 1TB ssd iris Xe graphics

17 minutes ago, JP5 said:

upgrading to windows 11 isn't an option

The familiarity is so close that you should just try the windows 11 driver on windows 10. Unless if they have an installation lockout thatll require installation wizard modification, they should work.

Also, a wifi chipset brand can only work with the same wifi chipset driver. It doesnt work with how you think it is, its not universal. 

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

46 minutes ago, JP5 said:

i recently bought a gigabyte GC-WIFI7 (rev 1.0) card and i found out that qualcomm doesn't offer any wifi 7 drivers for windows 10. upgrading to windows 11 isn't an option for me as i am running a 4790K and wasn't planning on upgrading anytime soon. if anyone knows how to get this card to work that would be great. ive already tried the realtek and intel drivers that do say that they are compatible with windows 10 but it didn't work.

What @SorryBella said above. Also, what's your plan when Windows 10 goes End of Life in less than 2 years?
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/lifecycle/products/windows-10-home-and-pro

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, SorryBella said:

you should just try the windows 11 driver on windows 10. Unless if they have an installation lockout thatll require installation wizard modification, they should work.

the driver must have an installation lockout because it installs but the device still comes up as unknown in device manager. if theres no other options then ill just either get a return or list it on ebay. 

49 minutes ago, kirashi said:

what's your plan when Windows 10 goes End of Life in less than 2 years?

idk, probably get a 10700k or something i guess. i dont hate windows 11 but i do hate that you need certain hardware in order to upgrade and that manufactures are now too lazy to make windows 10 drivers for their hardware.

4 hours ago, JP5 said:

i dont hate windows 11 but i do hate that you need certain hardware in order to upgrade

There are ways to make a Windows 11 installer ignore the hardware 'requirement', and older PCs than yours run it fine for now.

Whether Microsoft ever implements features that actually require officially supported hardware is anyone's guess, though.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.