RTX 4070 just as fast as GTX 1080

GopherTv
17 hours ago, starsmine said:

Try overclocking your ram/cpu

cpu is overclockable, but some kind of bios update, or mabey windows 11 locked my cpu from being overclocked. (its a dell system so might have been something they did)

11 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

So you upgraded your GPU because 250 fps wasn't enough? At this framerate it's probably a CPU bottleneck.

I got gpu for free, might aswell put it in the computer...

16 minutes ago, GopherTv said:

the good thing is, for all other settings/all other games you would have gotten a boost in FPS.

17 minutes ago, GopherTv said:

cpu is overclockable, but some kind of bios update, or mabey windows 11 locked my cpu from being overclocked. (its a dell system so might have been something they did)

Dell.... sold you an 8700k? what the hell dell. 

37 minutes ago, starsmine said:

the good thing is, for all other settings/all other games you would have gotten a boost in FPS.

Dell.... sold you an 8700k? what the hell dell. 

Actualy, did some googling and got it working, overclocked from 4.3 all core to 4.7. AND IT HELPED A LOTTT

The cpu bottleneck believers were right after all

Benchmark-2024.01.23-19.16.07.html

7 hours ago, GopherTv said:

Actualy, did some googling and got it working, overclocked from 4.3 all core to 4.7. AND IT HELPED A LOTTT

The cpu bottleneck believers were right after all

Benchmark-2024.01.23-19.16.07.html 905.7 kB · 2 downloads

Imma just say, I thought it was a CPU botleneck too, but wanted to understand where you were first. at 1080p you are really pushing that CPU to the edge in those games. I'd look into getting a bigger monitor . That 4070 will drive a lot of games at 1440p, even 4k, prefectly fine even with that 8700k. In fact, the higher the resolution the more your 4070 will work. You'll probably want to consider an upgrade to AM5 though to utilize that 4070 properly if you plan on doing 1440p240hz gaming or something with a competitive OLED or high refresh monitor.

9 hours ago, GopherTv said:

Ok forget i said anything then.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

On 1/22/2024 at 10:18 PM, GopherTv said:

How come a person with my same exact cpu, and a significantly weaker 3060ti gets more fps at 1080p with ultra settings instead of low like I run? 10:17 he shows settings, 11:20 is results

Wow a 3060 TI outperforming a 4070 by a lot because of a more CPU heavy driver. No wonder besides shrinking userbase NVIDIA called it quits for windows 7 support with the 3000 series. I had no idea.

I'm surprised, but glad overclocking it worked out for you GopherTv!

Listens to WAN show while doing dishes. 😊 Living in 2024 with a tech attitude stuck in 2010.

3 hours ago, WiscoMetro said:

Wow a 3060 TI outperforming a 4070 by a lot because of a more CPU heavy driver. No wonder besides shrinking userbase NVIDIA called it quits for windows 7 support with the 3000 series. I had no idea.

I'm surprised, but glad overclocking it worked out for you GopherTv!

ADA and Ampere have the same issue. ADA isnt heavier than ampere, both are heavier then Turing and Pascal. Dont see where you are getting the 3060ti outperforming the 4070