No post, Fan Spin, no debug lights MSI b450m-pro vdh max

crazyfrog

Any Ideas?

I've been presented with a b450m-pro vdh max with a ryzen 1600 all unknown conditon but the combo wont post.

I've added known working ddr4, rx 480 and also tried a 9400m and ryzen 1200.

After powering I get a short white light on cpu debug led then all off and fan spin. Theres a short crack on the motherboard speaker.

IMG_0495.jpeg

As the motherboard indicates, you got a dead CPU, incompatible bios or problems with the motherboard or its socket.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Ryzen 1600 is old so even factory bios would be compatible with it, try removing cmos bios battery and then put it back, test cpu on another motherboard to see if it works.

CPU light indicates CPU not detected or fail. Did you check the pins in the socket? If any are bent the mobo is useless. It won’t recognize the CPU. Did you match the little triangle on the cpu with the triangle/dot on the cpu socket?

What cooler is that? It looks like a case cooler not cpu, maybe motherboard does not detect that as cpu cooler and shuts down automatically for prevent damage. Try a better cpu cooler

sounds more like the bios was updated at some time with a bios that has removed both 1600 and 1200.. 

42 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Ryzen 1600 is old so even factory bios would be compatible with it

30 minutes ago, Robchil said:

sounds more like the bios was updated at some time with a bios that has removed both 1600 and 1200.. 

CPU is compatible even on the latest bios.

image.thumb.png.ac3da02bc61c23c6aafc47c13d6c2ee0.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

50 minutes ago, Levent said:

As the motherboard indicates, you got a dead CPU, incompatible bios or problems with the motherboard or its socket.

As in post I've tested known working ryzen 1200.

40 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Ryzen 1600 is old so even factory bios would be compatible with it, try removing cmos bios battery and then put it back, test cpu on another motherboard to see if it works.

Agreed tried removing power, hdmi cable, cmos and shorting power headers for 30 secs and no change.

37 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

CPU light indicates CPU not detected or fail. Did you check the pins in the socket? If any are bent the mobo is useless. It won’t recognize the CPU. Did you match the little triangle on the cpu with the triangle/dot on the cpu socket?

Havent pried off cover to inspect but looks okay, tried a known working ryzen 1200. No change.

29 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

What cooler is that? It looks like a case cooler not cpu, maybe motherboard does not detect that as cpu cooler and shuts down automatically for prevent damage. Try a better cpu cooler

Its just a big heatsink resting on the cpu and random fan, for boot testing its fine.

28 minutes ago, Robchil said:

I'm sure latest bios doesnt  remove 1000 series support.

17 minutes ago, Chapunna said:

Try all ram slots, start from 1 to 4 

I've tried them. Just gone onto spraying IPA into the ram slots and inserting and removing a ram stick, heating dry with a hair dryer.
Also done a really good visual inspection and no issues.

The crack sound on boot has to be a symptom of a hardware failure, tempted to try reading bios but I dont have the correct adaptors for my CH341a. I'm tempted to remove the chip and resolder to a small adaptor board but the PCIE slot is right next to it and too much bother.

IMG_0515.HEIC IMG_0513.HEIC IMG_0514.HEIC

1 minute ago, crazyfrog said:

I've tried them. Just gone onto spraying IPA into the ram slots and inserting and removing a ram stick, heating dry with a hair dryer.
Also done a really good visual inspection and no issues.

The crack sound on boot has to be a symptom of a hardware failure, tempted to try reading bios but I dont have the correct adaptors for my CH341a. I'm tempted to remove the chip and resolder to a small adaptor board but the PCIE slot is right next to it and too much bother.

IMG_0515.HEIC 2.23 MB · 1 download IMG_0513.HEIC 1.18 MB · 0 downloads IMG_0514.HEIC 2 MB · 0 downloads

Then you got a dead CPU.

tldr: "I tested a unknown motherboard with a bunch of known working parts and it won't even post"

opinion: bad psu or bad mobo, pretty simple.

advice: if your PSU is quality, replace the mobo first. If PSU is unknown junk, replace PSU first.

Edit: I see you are using an Integrator 500w, those are trash.

opinion: replace

advice: Don't buy less than gold psu.