I love my wife, but how do I protect her phone from her?

56 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

snip

I'm glad we can both come to an understanding,

one more note for the rotary phones,

rotary phone's handset is just a wires attached to one microphone and one speaker: there's no glass, microchips, batteries, diodes, cameras/lenses

so again, yes, they didn't break as much or often, because their build didn't really allow them to, and the cord attached itself sometimes started to recoil the handset before it hit the ground, slightly dampening the fall by slowing it down, and obviously, everything that's more fragile than a thick plastic case, is inside that said plastic case, so there's no possible direct impact on something vital to that device either, even though plastic doesn't really soften the fall

most of these phones also usually resided at relatively risk-free surfaces, carpets even

you didn't bring your rotary phone outside, so they never really had a chance to get dropped onto something as rough as concrete or pavement.

But let's leave this, a conversation like this could go on forever...

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

As for the Gorilla glass being on the phone, I don't really want to assume, but there's 2 possible things,

1 is the fact that real-world isn't equal to the testing conditions of phones falling, which is also second point covering surface and potential accidental force applied that further propelled the phone, or perhaps they do use different thicknesses of glass, unless I'm wrong which is possible.

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

12 minutes ago, podkall said:

But let's leave this, a conversation like this could go on forever...

But because of this conversation I now have the idea to connect my wife's phone to an old phone cord tied to her neck! It could be a new style of necklace.

Anyhow, thanks for the ideas and conversation!

11 minutes ago, podkall said:

1 is the fact that real-world isn't equal to the testing conditions of phones falling, which is also second point covering surface and potential accidental force applied that further propelled the phone, or perhaps they do use different thicknesses of glass, unless I'm wrong which is possible.

Ya, I'm still baffled by this. It broke the screen in spite of also having another sheet of protective glass screen protector, and supposedly had only fallen a couple inches from her trying to set it onto the counter to the edge of the nearby sink. Yet I can accidentally drop my older, non-Victus glass phone from shoulder height, over 5 feet off the ceramic floor, and still not damage it. I would seem my wife made up the story, although I have no other reason to doubt her.

13 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

But because of this conversation I now have the idea to connect my wife's phone to an old phone cord tied to her neck! It could be a new style of necklace.

there is a very dark "joke" hidden under that image

13 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

Ya, I'm still baffled by this. It broke the screen in spite of also having another sheet of protective glass screen protector, and supposedly had only fallen a couple inches from her trying to set it onto the counter to the edge of the nearby sink. Yet I can accidentally drop my older, non-Victus glass phone from shoulder height, over 5 feet off the ceramic floor, and still not damage it. I would seem my wife made up the story, although I have no other reason to doubt her.

"edge" hmmmmmmmmmmmm

PC:

PCs I used before:

1 minute ago, podkall said:

there is a very dark "joke" hidden under that image

Honestly I didn't even think of it until now. 😳

2 minutes ago, Issac Zachary said:

Honestly I didn't even think of it until now. 😳

as if the phone was heavy enough, cmon 😅

PC:

PCs I used before:

On 1/23/2024 at 8:33 PM, podkall said:

show me how they look like, maybe I'm using a similar phone (can't really find it on google, unless I'm looking right at it)

https://www.catphones.com/en-gb/

The hardware is old and slow. And the one I have isn't available anymore. And while mine has always worked, I know others have had issues with them. They are made for people that work construction. 

4 hours ago, Ulvhamne said:

They are made for people that work construction.

Ya, probably not durable enough. I need one for someone who knits, gardens, cooks and makes teenagers clean their rooms.

5 hours ago, Ulvhamne said:

https://www.catphones.com/en-gb/

The hardware is old and slow. And the one I have isn't available anymore. And while mine has always worked, I know others have had issues with them. They are made for people that work construction. 

it's not that bad, this is my phone, it might be even less durable than yours, but it is what it is: (it's good enough for me)

https://www.alza.cz/EN/doogee-s88-pro-dual-sim-black-d6106161.htm?setlang=en-GB

PC:

PCs I used before:

got a bulky case with a card holder which softens the drop for my mom she drops it nothing happens yes its heavy but theres 1.5 cm from the phone so its well protected