Best Performance from a AMD Opteron X3216 APU

Hey Guys,

I need some help from you guys, please!

I have a HPE MicroServer Gen10 with a AMD Opteron X3216 APU inside. My question is, how can I maximise performance out of this CPU? Should I enable STAPM Boost? Should I set the CPU Power Management to Auto or to the highest TDP of 15W?

Also, I’m running Windows 10 on this machine, with a dedicated GPU. Is there anything I can do within Windows to further help the performance of the CPU?

I have attached a picture of the BIOS screen, if it helps.

Thank you in-advance for your replies, I look forward to hearing from you.

IMG_6139.jpeg

It is a dual core Excavator (one of the worst CPU architectures ever made) CPU with 15TDP, whatever you do you wont be getting much out of it.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Its a dual core amd fx chip. Literally barelt able to run windows.

They made a similar version of this for desktop the sempron 2650.

It sucked and what usable enough for a budget nas.

The system you have now is a super cheap crappy server from years ago. There is nothing for you that you can do to make this run even remotely ok.

A core 2 duo at 2.4ghz is faster already.

This thing was meant as a semi low power simplr os runs 1 light application device nothing more as it can't do anything more as it doesnt have the power.

What do you wanna do with it? Because even just running windows 10 desktop is a CHALLENGE for this chip.

Well I bought it to run Plex mainly, I’ve installed Windows 10 Pro on it, and as you say, it’s fairly slow. So was wondering if there was a couple of things I could tweak in the BIOS to help it run just a little bit smoother. I got a dedicated GPU to give plex a hand, so hoping that’s going to be enough.