Best Wireless headset for gaming?

sharpdressedman423
Go to solution Solved by Tigerleon,
4 hours ago, QuantumRand said:

Audeze Maxwell

Huge sound stage! These really do sound great. The sound profile sounds pretty neutral and well balanced, and seems to work very well with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. My only real complaint is that they are heavy and don't have particularly fine adjustments for the fit. No dumb software required.

From what I've read and heard, these are the best you can get on the market for wireless gaming and music at the price and even going at higher pricepoints.

I'd avoid any Logitech, Steelseries, or Razer audio product because that's not what they specialize in or do extremely well for the price compared to audio brands.

I'm currently running a set of Behrdynamic 770 pros plugged into a focusrite solo gen 1 for my audio. However I'm kinda tired of being tied to my desk. I know I can't reach the same qaulity as my current setup in a wireless one but I just want to be free again. 

I'll be playing games like EFT, Squad, DCS World, Cyberpunk. My budget is around $250.

Ive been looking around at maybe the razer kraken v3 pro or blackshark v2 pro as I've used razer headsets in the past and liked them. I've also looked at Logitechs offering but still have a bad taste in my mouth from the g933 power switch issue. 

Basically I want as good of sound quality I can get and be wireless for less than $250. Preferably razer, Logitech or something that doesn't require me to download yet another peripheral brand software that wants me to use all of their stuff. But if I have to, so be it.

I used to love Steelseries, specifically the Arctis 7 line of products, but a couple years ago, I upgraded to the Arctis 7+, and everything sucked. Things may have changed since then, but their Sonar software was completely broken. After that, I went on a bit of a quest to find the best gaming headset (for me). Here a summary of what I tried:

Razer Barracuda Pro

The sound and build was decent, on par with the Arctis 7+ (and pretty much every other mid-range gaming headset on the market). The mic was meh, but passable. But the software sucked. It constantly nagged me to log in and make an account, served me ads, and would randomly open at times. The THX Spatial Audio was a joke and didn't work at all.

Master and Dynamic MG20

This was a gorgeous pair of headphones, and the build quality was amazing. Sadly, the sound was not. It wasn't terrible, but I definitely expected more from the price. But the real nail in the coffin was their connectivity. They suffered from tons of compression artifacting and would constantly cut out. No dumb software required though.

Audeze Maxwell

Huge sound stage! These really do sound great. The sound profile sounds pretty neutral and well balanced, and seems to work very well with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. My only real complaint is that they are heavy and don't have particularly fine adjustments for the fit. No dumb software required.

Bang and Olufsen Beoplay Portal

By far the most comfortable pair of headphones I've ever worn. They look great, and I think they sound a bit better than the Razer and Steelseries options. They work well with Dolby Atmos for Headphones. The integrated mic is a bit meh, but still works fine. Didn't need any dumb software. This is definitely my headset of choice, but sadly, it looks like B&O might be discontinuing it since it doesn't show up on their site anymore. In good news, that means you can find it for pretty cheap right now as they clear out old stock.

4 hours ago, QuantumRand said:

Audeze Maxwell

From what I've read and heard, these are the best you can get on the market for wireless gaming and music at the price and even going at higher pricepoints.

I'd avoid any Logitech, Steelseries, or Razer audio product because that's not what they specialize in or do extremely well for the price compared to audio brands.

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)