Where are AMD laptops? And especially Radeon laptops

TL;DR - I am looking for full AMD laptop for general use with coding, modeling and gaming tilt, and wondering why do I not see any new ones.

Hello!

Long time viewer, first time asker)

I was quite blown away by original Zephyrus G14, and I am still thinking about buying 2022 model, with Radeon and great battery life. But after 22 was like a boom in technology (again), we got even better screens, even faster connectivity, even more powerful cooling. And I want to use my new laptop for at least half-a-decade. If all this time I will be longingly looking on cooler laptops that will come after, it won't be a pleasant experience.

My original hope was that after AMD explosion tech landscape would calm down a bit and I would have a window of feature-full and future proof laptops, but, as we see, it didn't go anything like that.

Most surprising "nothing like that" for me was and still is the fact that there is very little new AMD laptops, compared to Intel powered ones, especially with Radeon on board. None on this CES, pretty much, for example.

Despite AMD clearly still being a strong contestant, even against latest Intel chips, so prominently featured on CES.

So, what is the deal? Is it an Intel's monopolistic scheme, general manufacturing inertia, something else?

Or is it something with my own information bubble?

And I will be thankful for alternatives to Zephyrus G14 2022 model. It is quite close to what I would like, but better screen, for example, is obvious plus for a machine not intended to be swapped for another in like a decade.

5 minutes ago, Karakur1 said:

Yes I did, but I would like to buy the laptop right away

Your timing is quite bad tbh... The Ryzen 8000 based laptops have only been announced and aren't available, yet. Most Ryzen 7000 base models I know of have iGPUs and the few models with discrete graphics use NVidia. 

There is one model that might fit your requirements, though:

https://www.asus.com/us/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-a16-advantage-edition-2023/

2 hours ago, SG-O said:

Your timing is quite bad tbh... The Ryzen 8000 based laptops have only been announced and aren't available, yet. Most Ryzen 7000 base models I know of have iGPUs and the few models with discrete graphics use NVidia. 

There is one model that might fit your requirements, though:

https://www.asus.com/us/laptops/for-gaming/tuf-gaming/asus-tuf-gaming-a16-advantage-edition-2023/

Yeah, I noticed XD

Thank you, I'll give it a look)

Wait you'll be doing 3d render work?

If so amd gpu's are entirely out of the running by default as they offer NO hardware accelerstion in 3d applications AT ALL. Its all on the cpu. A basic nvidia rtx card renders OVER 10x faster making renders that take minutes take seconds hours to minutes and such. It makes a MASSIVE difference.

Basically nvidia has had mobile market gpu dominance for like 20 years and thata doesnt change too quick.

Also amd gpu's are currently less efficient. In desktop use thats fine but in laptops that is a BIG DEAL

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Wait you'll be doing 3d render work?

If so amd gpu's are entirely out of the running by default as they offer NO hardware accelerstion in 3d applications AT ALL. Its all on the cpu. A basic nvidia rtx card renders OVER 10x faster making renders that take minutes take seconds hours to minutes and such. It makes a MASSIVE difference.

Basically nvidia has had mobile market gpu dominance for like 20 years and thata doesnt change too quick.

Also amd gpu's are currently less efficient. In desktop use thats fine but in laptops that is a BIG DEAL

Now this is a new information for me...

Can you point me to some sources where I can read further?

2 hours ago, Karakur1 said:

Now this is a new information for me...

Can you point me to some sources where I can read further?

What software do you use?

Like blender, maya, 3ds max,... they either have some old opencl renderer in older versions that supported amd or in new versions have nothing. Blender has a alpha of the "new" amd render engine but it doesnt work because amds version literally doesnt work or when it does everything is messed up.

You can read this in the software pages as well as any render card recommendations for your software. Basically no current 3d software can use a amd or intel gpu its all nvidia and noe mostly nvidia rtx enabled.