CS 2 , Run Smoothly but constant inconsistent crash, Severe CPU Bottleneck ?

TukangKopi

My PC Spec :

I3 9100f

Sapphire RX 6600 (running on pci-e gen 3)

16 GB 3400Mhz (but running on 2666, cause by mobo limitation)

ASrock B365M-HDV

The issue was like,

The game constantly freeze after 1 game of competitive match around 40-60 minute ish, and then inconsistent freeze after that, sometimes there isn't any freeze for a long time

Notable things,

The freeze just occur in CS2 , not in Cyberpunk or any heavy game that i have played

CPU Constant i mean VERY CONSTANT at 100% usage but the temp still sit MAX around 50-52 ish Celcius

Sometimes there is freeze when someone got headshot and i see the spark, or there is many smoke 

The sytem/os still responsive after the crash noted from how quickliy i can open taskmanager / endtask

The game run smoothly with 144hz monitor, so it could be close or even more than 144fps

What i've done try fix the freeze,

Setting all graphic to low, with modification on 2x AA, ambient occlusion, and i turn off FSR

Using UPS cause there is common voltage instability in my region

Using DDU and reinstall latest driver

Using AMD Cleanup Utility and reinstall latest driver

Reinstalling CS2

Disable water and blood

Closing RTTS and Afterburner

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck to me. Constant 100% usage. The i3 9100f is far too underpowered for the RX 6600.

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D  GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA  MB: MSI B550-A PRO  Cooler: DeepCool AK620  Drives: Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, 970 EVO 1TB

2 hours ago, Hullwood2 said:

Sounds like a CPU bottleneck to me. Constant 100% usage. The i3 9100f is far too underpowered for the RX 6600.

But the freeze and crash tho, didn't make any sense, because the game run smoothly around 100-160fps, other game 100% my cpu but doesn't crash, and the os still responsive when i open taskmanager and endtask the cs2.exe

[Shorten into 1 reply]

Edited by TukangKopi
[Shorten into 1 reply]