UGREEN Revodok false advertisement

Rene Bernhagen

Hello everyone, 

I found something weired and don't know if I am wrong. Please tell me I am missing something. Here the situation:

To work from home with my dual monitor setup I need a dock to easily connect power and displays to the companies laptop. 

I bought a UGREEN Revodok Pro 210 with dual HDMI. Based on the technical data it is capable of transferring dual 4k60Hz. You guessed it: it doesn't.

My setup: 2x Asus VG289Q1 with HDMI 2.0, 2x HDMI 2.1 cables from KabelDirekt, Lenovo T14s Gen 1 with Thunderbolt and the Revodok.

I tried just one monitor with this dock as well.

Is here anyone who is able to run UGREENs Dock on a 4k resolution? I don't get what I am doing wrong...

On the Amazon page they are specifying a maximum transfer rate of 5 Gbps. If that's true that would be the reason why it's not working. But then their advertisement on all of their docks are wrong. Thats actually the second time that I bought a UGREEN dock. I've sent the first one back for the same reason. What do you think?

Thank you for helping me in advance 🙋🏼‍♂️

Best regards 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

That's quite the accusation in the title. 

image.thumb.png.1826eb04aee7079333eebadb2bd2352b.png

Given the information on the site, I would venture to say this should work. 

18 minutes ago, Rene Bernhagen said:

I tried just one monitor with this dock as well.

and what was the result?

19 minutes ago, Rene Bernhagen said:

Lenovo T14s Gen 1 with Thunderbolt

Have we used this Thunderbolt port with a dock previously? Lenovo's Thunderbolt implementation can be... shotty to say the least. 

I remember a time where not updating the BIOS could actually permanently destroy the port. (ask me how I know)

Check with your IT team and make sure BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers are fully up to date.

ask me about my homelab

on a personal quest convincing the general public to return to the glory that is 12" laptops.

cheap and easy cable management is my fetish.

23 minutes ago, Rene Bernhagen said:

You guessed it: it doesn't.

How though? Do you get both displays working but not at 4K 60, or do you only get one display to light up?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

From your Laptop manual:

image.png.c6c890a828751c05c662f869c8472974.png

The single connection can't handle both.

Edit: The way I interpreted it is you're using the Thunderbolt connection to connect to the dock and then using 2x HDMI from that.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

12 hours ago, WildDagwood said:

The way I interpreted it is you're using the Thunderbolt connection to connect to the dock and then using 2x HDMI from that.

Right.

12 hours ago, Kilrah said:

How though? Do you get both displays working but not at 4K 60, or do you only get one display to light up?

With one display connected its also just working with 1080p

13 hours ago, Skipple said:

image.thumb.png.1826eb04aee7079333eebadb2bd2352b.png

As they are also saying that the dock is capable of transferring just 5Gbps. Isn't 4k requiring a little bit more? 😅🧐🤔

13 hours ago, Skipple said:

That's quite the accusation in th

Have we used this Thunderbolt port with a dock previously? Lenovo's Thunderbolt implementation can be... shotty to say the least. 

I remember a time where not updating the BIOS could actually permanently destroy the port. (ask me how I know)

Check with your IT team and make sure BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers are fully up to date.

I'm using this Thunderbolt port in my office with a Lenovo Thunderbolt dock with two 4k Monitors attached. So my PC shouldn't be the problem 🤔

1 hour ago, Rene Bernhagen said:

As they are also saying that the dock is capable of transferring just 5Gbps. Isn't 4k requiring a little bit more

that's for the usb ports on the dock...

With one display connected its also just working with 1080p

if this is the second dock you've tried, this leads me to believe it's a cable issue or some weird incompatibly with your laptop. such a blatant lie would be ALL over the reviews if they tout dual 4k but only single 1080p works. maybe don't be so quick to jump to the false advertising accusation.

I'm using this Thunderbolt port in my office with a Lenovo Thunderbolt dock with two 4k Monitors attached. So my PC shouldn't be the problem

thinkpad docks are validated specifically for the thinkpad laptops, doesn't mean you wont have issues with other docks. my thinkpad had quite a few issues with normal usb-c docks with certain ports just not working until i moved to a proper dell thunderbolt dock.

5 hours ago, Lunar River said:

that's for the usb ports on the dock

okay 🤔

5 hours ago, Lunar River said:

that's for the usb ports on the dock...

if this is the second dock you've tried, this leads me to believe it's a cable issue or some weird incompatibly with your laptop. such a blatant lie would be ALL over the reviews if they tout dual 4k but only single 1080p works. maybe don't be so quick to jump to the false advertising accusation.

thinkpad docks are validated specifically for the thinkpad laptops, doesn't mean you wont have issues with other docks. my thinkpad had quite a few issues with normal usb-c docks with certain ports just not working until i moved to a proper dell thunderbolt dock.

As I said the cables are HDMI 2.1 certified. The monitors HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0. When my Monitors and cables are connected with HDMI to my RTX 2080 in my private PC everythingis working properly.

The only variables in this game are the dock and yes maybe the thunderbold port.

But somebody must exist who also owns a UGREEN Revodok and has the same issue or can tell me that I'm wrong and that it is working in his case... 

The dock isn't thunderbolt, it's USB-C and the displays will go through DP alt mode. 

AFAIK multiple displays over a single DP, alt mode or not requires DP MST, which the source needs to support and the laptop almost certainly won't. The laptop's specs of 3 monitors will be on separate ports.

You might be able to get multiple on one with actual Thunderbolt.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2