Does this system seemed balance (New Build)

Budget (including currency): Around $3,000-$3500

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, photo editing, CAD, coding, entertainment. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have plenty of storage and I play at 1440p on a 144hz monitor 

I’m planning on building a new pc and wanted to know if I’m spending my money on the right components. The plan is the following:

CPU: Intel i9-14900kf

CPU Cooler: NZXT z73 Cooler (white)

Mobo: Asus strix z790 (white)

GPU: RTX 4080 super (maybe the white strix if it comes out)

ram: 32gb of Corsair vengeance 3600mhz or 3000 mhz (in white)

case: Hyte y60 case (white)

PSU: Corsair RM 850x (might look for a different one)

fans: I don’t know what fans I want just yet but something that has RGB and is white. 

Storage: I already have storage and plenty of it. 

If im forgetting anything let me know. 

Current Pc Parts:

-CPU: Intel i7-9700k

-GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 black edition

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

-Mobo: Asus z390-E gaming

-Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32g @3000MHz

-Storage: Samsung 850evo 256Gb

-Storage: Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm

-Case: NZXT H500

-Extra: NZXT Hue 2

16 minutes ago, Ehrix said:

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming, photo editing, CAD, coding, entertainment. 

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): I have plenty of storage and I play at 1440p on a 144hz monitor 

I’m planning on building a new pc and wanted to know if I’m spending my money on the right components. The plan is the following:

fans: I don’t know what fans I want just yet but something that has RGB and is white. 

I don't like the 14900K, it's brute force speed at indecent energy consumption, a 7950X3D do as good for half the energy bill (and less cooling)

But it's a very good build, only thing I'd change is I'd use DDR5 (especially on latest Intel, their IMC is maybe their best advantage, can reach >7000MHz)

RM850x is a quite good PSU, or get a RM1000x if you want more headroom 🙂 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

6 hours ago, Ehrix said:

Hello... I would like to help you here. The Core i9 is really more of a Work Production CPU and not really the best for Gaming. So with that in mind I did a Platform Change to AMD. It will have a few more CPU Upgrades within the next 4 years whereas the Intel LGA 1700 Socket will not. I picked the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. It's the Best of both Worlds. It is a Work Horse CPU and it has the L3 Cache for Gaming, something that Intel does NOT have. It can do all of your Content Creation and Game at the same time.

You also said that you wanted a White Themed PC. I kept this in mind as I put together this List. On the 27th of this Month the new RTX 4000 Series Super GPUs will be released. I put an estimated price into the List for the White 4080 Super, it does not have an image yet but I picked the ASUS STRIX OC and priced it at $1,750.00 just to be safe.

For the Case I went with the NZXT H6 Flow RGB Edition. It is very similar to the HYTE Y60 and it comes with 3 ARGB Fans Pre-Installed, you can Vertically Mount the GPU. I also added 3 more Fans to it. You can add 2 140mm Fans at the Bottom of the Case to help Cool the GPU and it comes with a little Fan Hub. And then 1 120mm ARGB Fan for the Rear. I also added the 360mm NZXT Kraken Elite 360 AIO. It will show the CPU & GPU Temps, CPU & GPU Speeds, you can even do a custom Video on it. USB Type C Port & GPU Anti Sag Bracket. Everything here is in all White.

The Motherboard is a Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X. It is all White and features WIFI 7. It also has 7 Regular USB Ports, 4 USB 2 & 7 USB 3.0 Ports as well as 1 USB Type C Port.

I added a White 1000w PSU as well that has the 16-Pin Power Cable for the RTX 4000 Series GPUs.

Also I thew in a Thermal Grizzly CPU Plate that will lower the CPU Temps enough to keep the CPU under control and some Thermal Grizzly Thermal Paste.

I would love to know what you think.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tKYVbL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 4.4 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($489.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Elite 360 RGB 78.02 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($299.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut 3.9 g Thermal Paste  ($14.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($1750.00)
Case: NZXT H6 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: NZXT F120 RGB 50.18 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: NZXT F140 RGB 89.48 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Custom: Graphics Card GPU Support Bracket, Adjustable Height GPU Sag Bracket with Magnet & Non-Slip Sheet, GPU Brace for Prevent Universal Graphics Card Sag, L  ($11.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame (AM5 Contact Sealing Frame)  ($29.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $3406.29

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772

18 hours ago, Ehrix said:

Use DDR5.

Use a white ATX 3.0 compliant PSU with native support for the 12VHPWR connector used by the GPU. A white model for the white cables.

Consider a different, less expensive AIO. Deepcool offers white AIO and matching A-RGB case fans. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

20 hours ago, PC HEROES said:

Hello... I would like to help you here. The Core i9 is really more of a Work Production CPU and not really the best for Gaming. So with that in mind I did a Platform Change to AMD. It will have a few more CPU Upgrades within the next 4 years whereas the Intel LGA 1700 Socket will not. I picked the Ryzen 9 7900X3D. It's the Best of both Worlds. It is a Work Horse CPU and it has the L3 Cache for Gaming, something that Intel does NOT have. It can do all of your Content Creation and Game at the same time.

You also said that you wanted a White Themed PC. I kept this in mind as I put together this List. On the 27th of this Month the new RTX 4000 Series Super GPUs will be released. I put an estimated price into the List for the White 4080 Super, it does not have an image yet but I picked the ASUS STRIX OC and priced it at $1,750.00 just to be safe.

For the Case I went with the NZXT H6 Flow RGB Edition. It is very similar to the HYTE Y60 and it comes with 3 ARGB Fans Pre-Installed, you can Vertically Mount the GPU. I also added 3 more Fans to it. You can add 2 140mm Fans at the Bottom of the Case to help Cool the GPU and it comes with a little Fan Hub. And then 1 120mm ARGB Fan for the Rear. I also added the 360mm NZXT Kraken Elite 360 AIO. It will show the CPU & GPU Temps, CPU & GPU Speeds, you can even do a custom Video on it. USB Type C Port & GPU Anti Sag Bracket. Everything here is in all White.

The Motherboard is a Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X. It is all White and features WIFI 7. It also has 7 Regular USB Ports, 4 USB 2 & 7 USB 3.0 Ports as well as 1 USB Type C Port.

I added a White 1000w PSU as well that has the 16-Pin Power Cable for the RTX 4000 Series GPUs.

Also I thew in a Thermal Grizzly CPU Plate that will lower the CPU Temps enough to keep the CPU under control and some Thermal Grizzly Thermal Paste.

I would love to know what you think.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For future communication I use Discord for much faster response times as I have it open 24/7. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772 I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build process on Discord through Voice or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tKYVbL

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7900X3D 4.4 GHz 12-Core Processor  ($489.99 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken Elite 360 RGB 78.02 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($299.99 @ Newegg Sellers)
Thermal Compound: Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut 3.9 g Thermal Paste  ($14.49 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte X670E AORUS PRO X ATX AM5 Motherboard  ($329.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory  ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus ROG STRIX GAMING OC GeForce RTX 4080 SUPER 16 GB Video Card  ($1750.00)
Case: NZXT H6 Flow RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Thermaltake Toughpower GF A3 Snow 1050 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($139.99 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: NZXT F120 RGB 50.18 CFM 120 mm Fan  ($24.99 @ Amazon)
Case Fan: NZXT F140 RGB 89.48 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack  ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Custom: Graphics Card GPU Support Bracket, Adjustable Height GPU Sag Bracket with Magnet & Non-Slip Sheet, GPU Brace for Prevent Universal Graphics Card Sag, L  ($11.99 @ Amazon)
Custom: Thermal Grizzly Contact Frame (AM5 Contact Sealing Frame)  ($29.90 @ Amazon)
Total: $3406.29

What’s the performance difference between the 7900X3D and the 7950X3D. Also I’ve never built with amd before so what performance differences would I see between the two platforms? Also thanks for the new pc design you sent. 

Current Pc Parts:

-CPU: Intel i7-9700k

-GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 black edition

-CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x62

-Mobo: Asus z390-E gaming

-Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB pro 32g @3000MHz

-Storage: Samsung 850evo 256Gb

-Storage: Toshiba 1Tb 7200rpm

-Case: NZXT H500

-Extra: NZXT Hue 2

2 hours ago, Ehrix said:

What’s the performance difference between the 7900X3D and the 7950X3D. Also I’ve never built with amd before so what performance differences would I see between the two platforms? Also thanks for the new pc design you sent. 

There's only a 4% performance difference between them. The price cost is not worth it to get the 7950X3D.

AMD is now a huge problem for Intel. They can offer the Consumers something Intel won't be able to provide for at least another 4 years if not more. What is this "Something"... L3 Cache. L3 Cache bridges the Speed gap between the CPU and RAM. In conclusion, Cache Memory is a vital component of any PC. It's especially important in gaming PCs, where Speed is crucial. Understanding Cache Memory helps us appreciate its role in enhancing Gaming Performance. In other words it helps the CPU to not use the RAM as much and frees up the lanes between them so that there is less tasks that the CPU has to do to communicate with other Hardware. In short it's a huge time saver for the CPU so that it doesn't have to work as hard.

Intel could offer this but they have chosen no to yet. They have said that in the next Gen of CPUs (15th Gen) might have more L3 Cache but it's not confirmed yet, only talked about. This gives AMD a huge Boost over them for right now and in the future AMD can continue to improve them even more. So Intel may not catch up for a long time if ever. The only thing Intel can offer over AMD is RAW Power, just like NVIDIA over RADEON RX. But AMD won't turn up the Juice because they WANT to remain cheaper and competitive, plus they don't really need to.

I hope I have answered your question. If you have more please feel free to ask.

I have been building PCs for over 30 years so if you have any questions please ask. For Future Communication I use Discord for much Faster Response Times as I have it open 24/7. I am also available if you need help before, during, or after the Build Process on Discord through Text,Voice, or Video Chat. I can be with you while you build your new PC if you need me to be. Here is my Discord: Wizardsnapper#2772