Interrupted Action When Trying to Copy A File To A USB (Windows 11)

Why am i getting a warning of a Interrupted Action asking "Are you sure you want to copy this file without it's properties" when trying to copy or send a file to a USB thumb drive with Windows 11?

For instance, I had a .exe file that specifically stated to format the drive for Fat32 which I did. When i tried to send the file to the thumb drive, the warning popped up.

Formatting in NTFS will clear the warning, but the file does not copy properly.

I can whip out the old Bios Windows 10 laptop and copy over the file in FAT32 with no issue.

Does this have something to do with my desktop running UEFI & Windows 11?

props.png

PRAISE THE LORD AND PASS THE AMMUNITION...

EVGA X299 Dark, i7-9800X, EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW2 SLI

7 minutes ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

Why am i getting a warning of a Interrupted Action asking "Are you sure you want to copy this file without it's properties" when trying to copy or send a file to a USB thumb drive with Windows 11?

For instance, I had a .exe file that specifically stated to format the drive for Fat32 which I did. When i tried to send the file to the thumb drive, the warning popped up.

Formatting in NTFS will clear the warning, but the file does not copy properly.

I can whip out the old Bios Windows 10 laptop and copy over the file in FAT32 with no issue.

Does this have something to do with my desktop running UEFI & Windows 11?

props.png

Some filesystems, like FAT or FAT32, don't support the same file properties as others, like NTFS, for example. Couldn't tell ya why Windows 10 might not display this prompt when copying files to the same drive as you'd see when copying files from a Windows 11 system to the same drive though. Likely something to do with how Windows 11 handles copying files with extra properties.

https://help.smartvault.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051273333-Resolving-the-The-File-file-name-has-properties-that-can-t-be-copied-to-the-new-location-Error

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Some filesystems, like FAT or FAT32, don't support the same file properties as others, like NTFS, for example. Couldn't tell ya why Windows 10 might not display this prompt when copying files to the same drive as you'd see when copying files from a Windows 11 system to the same drive though. Likely something to do with how Windows 11 handles copying files with extra properties.

https://help.smartvault.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051273333-Resolving-the-The-File-file-name-has-properties-that-can-t-be-copied-to-the-new-location-Error

Well, as i stated the file in question was a Dell BIOS .EXE file that specify stated in the instructions to use Fat32. So the file system should have been compatible. 

Just now, Rocketdog2112 said:

Well, as i stated the file in question was a Dell BIOS .EXE file that specify stated in the instructions to use Fat32. So the file system should have been compatible. 

Just because Windows can't copy all of a file's NTFS attributes doesn't mean the file copy failed - it just means any NTFS specific attributes won't copy over to other filesystems that don't support such attributes.

https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-all-ntfs-attributes-defined/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

1 hour ago, kirashi said:

Just because Windows can't copy all of a file's NTFS attributes doesn't mean the file copy failed - it just means any NTFS specific attributes won't copy over to other filesystems that don't support such attributes.

https://www.urtech.ca/2017/11/solved-all-ntfs-attributes-defined/

A risk i don't feel safe taking with a a Bios file. 

3 hours ago, Rocketdog2112 said:

A risk i don't feel safe taking with a a Bios file. 

BIOS files are usually verified by way of a checksum prior to flashing, but I totally understand. Maybe ask the motherboard manufacturer for advice.