LTT Screwdriver - Disappointment Edition

I thought i would give review of the experience of  purchasing my first item with LTTStore. American buyer, shipping to Texas. 

December 8th, 2023

Mystery screwdriver ordered as my Christmas gift by my wonderful wife. 

December 25th, 2023

No screwdriver, but they've been busy over there with Black Friday and Christmas. I don't mind waiting.

January 2nd, 2024

Still no movement on the tracking, maybe a quick email to check in on the good folks at LinusCo.

January 3rd, 2024

"Hi there! This response is being delivered in bulk..."

Oh boy, maybe its worse over there than I expected. Still want that awesome screwdriver though, I know it'll be worth the wait.

January 9th, 2024

"You're order has been refunded..."

Huh?

"Notice: Item(s) oversold..."

Aww man.

January 10th, 2024

I guess I'll send a message to them and see what the heck happened. I get it, they're not Amazon... Things happen. 

January 12th, 2024

Hi Charles,

Sorry to hear about the issue here.

This order could not be fulfilled because the item ordered is out of stock. We apologize for any disappointment caused.

The order was refunded in its entirety, including shipping. If desired, you may purchase any other item currently in stock on the store.

Adam Pilolla
          Customer Service Supervisor

32 Days between order and refund.

Here's my point. I feel like they should have just sent me a screwdriver (I requested a mystery, so I'm obviously not picky), or reached out to see if I wanted to pay the difference and get another style. I absolutely understand that we're not dealing with some mega sized faceless cooperation, but that makes it even more disappointing. I love the LMG crew and sincerely want to support them and see them succeed. Plus I think we've all heard Linus's go to saying, "trust me bro." To my ears, that means, if I mess up, I'll make it right. I don't want a free screwdriver. I don't want free shipping, I just want an actual response that addresses my complaints regarding how this was handled. 

10 minutes ago, Queso_Smooth said:

I thought i would give review of the experience of  purchasing my first item with LTTStore. American buyer, shipping to Texas. 

December 8th, 2023

December 25th, 2023

No screwdriver, but they've been busy over there with Black Friday and Christmas. I don't mind waiting.

January 2nd, 2024

Still no movement on the tracking, maybe a quick email to check in on the good folks at LinusCo.

January 3rd, 2024

Oh boy, maybe its worse over there than I expected. Still want that awesome screwdriver though, I know it'll be worth the wait.

January 9th, 2024

Huh?

Aww man.

January 10th, 2024

I guess I'll send a message to them and see what the heck happened. I get it, they're not Amazon... Things happen. 

January 12th, 2024

Hi Charles,

Sorry to hear about the issue here.

This order could not be fulfilled because the item ordered is out of stock. We apologize for any disappointment caused.

The order was refunded in its entirety, including shipping. If desired, you may purchase any other item currently in stock on the store.

Adam Pilolla
          Customer Service Supervisor

32 Days between order and refund.

Here's my point. I feel like they should have just sent me a screwdriver (I requested a mystery, so I'm obviously not picky), or reached out to see if I wanted to pay the difference and get another style. I absolutely understand that we're not dealing with some mega sized faceless cooperation, but that makes it even more disappointing. I love the LMG crew and sincerely want to support them and see them succeed. Plus I think we've all heard Linus's go to saying, "trust me bro." To my ears, that means, if I mess up, I'll make it right. I don't want a free screwdriver. I don't want free shipping, I just want an actual response that addresses my complaints regarding how this was handled. 

I think this is a failure for Linus Media Group. It took over 3 years to launch this product, and now its always out of stock. Where is your business strategy? I just realized that content quality is also suffering. Just look at this last video about old ports.

I just want to say that I have had this exact thing happen to me by Amazon themselves, Scan(A massive UK computer retailer), as well as many smaller sellers around the Christmas period over the years. 

In an ideal world the site would instantly update, but due to site caching, various delays in inventory management software and a little bit of human error probably it is possible to oversell, which is something many retailers and commerce software makers have been trying to better get a handle off over the years and in general it is much better now than it was a decade ago. 

No one likes having to deal with forced refunds, the company doesn't like it because it's lost money, the customer doesn't like it because they don't get what they ordered, and customer service agents hate it because it increases their workloads massively. 

With all that said, it happens, it's shit that it happens, but it happens. (would have been nice if they gave you like a couple dollars store credit or something though) 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

1 minute ago, abubakarsehraai said:

I think this is a failure for Linus Media Group. It took over 3 years to launch this product, and now its always out of stock.

That's actually a very good sign... I mean we know they have ordered them in the hundreds of thousands so if they are out of stock even after ordering that massive volume of units then it clearly is a commercial success 

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

11 minutes ago, abubakarsehraai said:

I think this is a failure for Linus Media Group. It took over 3 years to launch this product, and now its always out of stock. Where is your business strategy? I just realized that content quality is also suffering. Just look at this last video about old ports.

The normal screwdriver is still in stock, OP is talking about the mystery ones that were built from the remaining parts for "build your own screwdriver" at LTX. what are you talking about "always out of stock"

Sorry OP that you had to wait that long just to get a refund, that just sucks.

High chance of message being edited, mostly to add clarification or fix typos.

12 minutes ago, abubakarsehraai said:

The "mystery screwdriver" was made out of parts left over from the "build your own screwdriver" booth at LTX 2023, after they made a bunch of solid color screwdrivers. They must have overestimated how many complete screwdrivers they'd be able to assemble out of the leftovers. If OOP ordered a "normal" screwdriver SKU, they probably would've gotten it on time.

As for the old connectors video, it looks like a pretty typical TechQuickie upload to me: Host in front of a green screen with some superimposed visual aids flying around. 🤷‍♂️

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

EITHER WAY there was a way to make this problem end with a lot less disappointment, they just chose to not to take that route. OPs frustration is understandable, especially since it took them 32 days to act on their order.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

4 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

The "mystery screwdriver" was made out of parts left over from the "build your own screwdriver" booth at LTX 2023, after they made a bunch of solid color screwdrivers. They must have overestimated how many complete screwdrivers they'd be able to assemble out of the leftovers. If OOP ordered a "normal" screwdriver SKU, they probably would've gotten it on time.

As for the old connectors video, it looks like a pretty typical TechQuickie upload to me: Host in front of a green screen with some superimposed visual aids flying around. 🤷‍♂️

Only few old ports are explained; I am talking about content quality, not pretty thumbnail and video quality.  What's about the AT keyboard port and the Mac serial port? huh .How can you miss that important AT keyboard port????

You placed an order for a limited edition product.

It was busy during the holiday season.

When they knew it was out of stock and no more were coming you got a refund.

Sucks, I completely agree and would be disappointed, but I'd then realize what occurred, accept it and move on.  Hopefully they come back in stock and you can order again and get one.  But that's life. 

You ordered a specific product and they couldn't fulfill that so instead of potentially disappoint you with a regular old screwdriver (lol), they refunded it to give you the option of which one you wanted to order, as they have different option.  Doesn't seem like the end of the world to just place another order.

2 hours ago, Levent said:

EITHER WAY there was a way to make this problem end with a lot less disappointment, they just chose to not to take that route. OPs frustration is understandable, especially since it took them 32 days to act on their order.

That's my sentiment exactly. 

As for this whole Limited Edition from LTX portion of this whole deal, I was honestly unaware that was the case. I thought it was more like the random colored banana for scale or random desk pad listing. I suppose I should have educated myself better on that. 

December 8th, 2023

December 25th, 2023

January 2nd, 2024

January 3rd, 2024

January 9th, 2024

Huh?

Aww man.

Hey @Queso_Smooth, thanks for posting about this! This is definitely not the experience we aim to deliver. Unfortunately your order was impacted by two compounding issues: 1.) fulfillment delays at our warehouse in during the month of December, due to capacity, and 2.) the lack of available stock for your Mystery screwdriver. In these sorts of "overselling" situations, our SOP is to inform you immediately when we become aware of this. Unfortunately the only way we ever find out that your order has been impacted in this way is when your order actually gets packed at our fulfillment centre, which didn't happen until quite some time after you ordered because of those aforementioned delays.

There are a variety of efficiencies that we need to explore in terms of fulfillment, which is being worked on though I am not directly privy to the specifics on that. Regardless, it is our aim to reduce/eliminate these types of issues, and respond to them faster when they do occur.

Perhaps it wasn't clear when we were speaking, or in the earlier email that you received (and if so that's my fault), but the refund that we have given you exceeds what it would cost to order any other screwdriver on the store, so the option of getting one remains available. Our SOP in these sorts of (relatively rare) situations is to issue a refund for the affected item(s) plus your shipping fee; this is intended to give you the most-possible flexibility in choosing, for yourself, how you'd like to proceed. For example, you could take that refund and buy the same item again when it's restocked, or get something else similar, or keep the money and say "forget this for now." All of this is to say that if you wanted us to do this:

I feel like they should have just sent me a screwdriver (I requested a mystery, so I'm obviously not picky), or reached out to see if I wanted to pay the difference and get another style.

then this solution is intended to make you feel empowered to achieve that outcome without the need to engage with our support staff if you do not wish to do so.

What we definitely don't want is for you to have to engage in a lengthy and frustrating back-and-forth with us where you say "well could you do this for me," then we say "no, because X, Y or Z, but we can do this," "okay well how about this," and so-on-and-so-forth. We want you to feel like you've been compensated and empowered to make your own choice about what to do right from the get-go. I for-sure empathize with you on the need to feel heard in this situation though, and can see how the response you quoted here could fall short on that goal, so please accept my apologies for that.

With that said, anytime you are engaging with me or another member of my team, the door is always open for you to reply and let us know if you are not completely satisfied with the resolution that you have been offered. If that is still the case for you, please reply to the last email that you received from me and we'll be happy to make any further arrangements that may be necessary in order make this right for you.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro

2 hours ago, Adam Pilolla said:

Perhaps it wasn't clear when we were speaking, or in the earlier email that you received (and if so that's my fault), but the refund that we have given you exceeds what it would cost to order any other screwdriver on the store, so the option of getting one remains available.

I was unaware of this fact, the transaction was not performed on my card rather my wife's and I didn't actually see the figures. I did go back and look at the refund invoice, this in not accurate. However, I don't want squabble with you on the accuracy of your statement, because at the end of the day I will be ordering a regular black one and my refund will cover that completely. I mean it when I say I have no interest in any gratis items or anything outside of my money for your product. 

6 hours ago, Queso_Smooth said:

I feel like they should have just sent me a screwdriver (I requested a mystery, so I'm obviously not picky), or reached out to see if I wanted to pay the difference and get another style.

I would also like to take this opportunity to make sure my full quote is on offer for those interested. Kinda felt like you were cherry picking my words a little there. I have worked customer service my whole life and I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't do for customer in this situation.

I do empathize with the fact that you guys have been slammed, and I do not hold you solely responsible for what happened, nor change my willingness to shop with lttstore in the future. We've all had an unfortunate situation or two while buying online. My hope is that you guys can find a way to improve your response when the inevitable occurs. Take the opportunity to take care of your customers when they in offer, in good faith and understanding of outside factors, to work with you to find a solution. 

Thanks Adam. 

1 hour ago, Queso_Smooth said:

I was unaware of this fact, the transaction was not performed on my card rather my wife's and I didn't actually see the figures. I did go back and look at the refund invoice, this in not accurate. However, I don't want squabble with you on the accuracy of your statement, because at the end of the day I will be ordering a regular black one and my refund will cover that completely. I mean it when I say I have no interest in any gratis items or anything outside of my money for your product. 

I would also like to take this opportunity to make sure my full quote is on offer for those interested. Kinda felt like you were cherry picking my words a little there. I have worked customer service my whole life and I'm not asking you to do anything I wouldn't do for customer in this situation.

I do empathize with the fact that you guys have been slammed, and I do not hold you solely responsible for what happened, nor change my willingness to shop with lttstore in the future. We've all had an unfortunate situation or two while buying online. My hope is that you guys can find a way to improve your response when the inevitable occurs. Take the opportunity to take care of your customers when they in offer, in good faith and understanding of outside factors, to work with you to find a solution. 

Thanks Adam. 

Fair point; no cherry picking intended. I have also edited my post to include the full quote for transparency.

Customer Service Supervisor; lttstore.com

Need help with an lttstore order? Contact us or check out our FAQ here.

Trust me bro