Power Button Yields Audible Single Click Only

Burdla

Doing some homework because of a major issue after swapping some essential pieces and need to learn more. Problem is when the power button is pressed only one single click happens. No motherboard LED, not a single fan trying to start spinning, Hue 2 lights do not turn on, or even a momentary dim from the lamp on the other side of the room. F to pay respects in thread is appreciated. 

Put in some all-new parts including a PSU, BIOS settings were reverted to stock to be stable prior to overclocking the snot out of it, didn't even get there :c . Installed windows with some small hiccups, got into the desktop, all hardware seemed fine and dandy, then out of nowhere system crashed and blue screened. OS struggled a lot to repair itself and uninstalled newly downloaded Windows updates. Booted automatically in safe mode without being prompted. 

Shortly after complete and sudden power down. No power back on ever again, do not pass go, do not collect $200. In the process of checking all the necessary diagnostics boxes.

What has been done so far:  Checked the house circuit which did not trip. Unplugged and turned off PSU switch for 10 minutes to remove any residual energy. Used different outlets all while trying with and without surge protector and raw walled. Learned I do not want, need, or should use multi rail. Likely not even over current / voltage protection kicking in. 

What is just about to be done:  Recheck if I used the proper cables for the corresponding parts and that they are plugged in properly everywhere. Enable my OCD by not letting the peas and corn of cables touch in case its a random short somewhere while unplugging things. One by one revert to replaced parts in efforts to find the broken link.

Then and only then will I be able to confirm without a shadow of a doubt it is in fact a DOA HX1200. That is unless somebody more knowledgeable than me suggests a step I'm missing or something not  considered. Will update the class with big updates so the omniscient search engines can hoard this data. Worst case scenario I somehow fried the entire system but unlikely since won the silicon lottery with 4.82 gHz fresh out of the box. 

Overall rig is at this PCPartPicker URL

Replaced:  

• Corsair HX 850 to Corsair HX 1200
  • Ryzen 3700x to Ryzen 5900x
  • WD SN750 500GB M.2 to WD SN850X 1000GB (Old SSD was showing early signs of death because I'm a data hoarder, still works just not in the system anymore)