Is the Thermal Take TR2 S 600w a good psu?

I'm looking for a decent budget psu (600w or more, >$100), this psu caught my attention since it seems to be good while also being relatively cheap, and has good reviews. Is it a good PSU? Can anyone who had it share their experience with it? I'm in Belarus so the vast majority of things that would be considered "budget" there are not budget here at all. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

I'm looking for a decent budget psu, this psu caught my attention since it seems to be good while also being relatively cheap, and has good reviews. Is it a good PSU? Can anyone who had it share their experience with it? I'm in Belarus so the vast majority of things that would be considered "budget" there are not budget here at all. Thanks!

No. Its an awful PSU that is dangerous to use. Its on the :Avoid Tier list for PSUs. This is for the TR2 Bronze.

The TR2 White is even worse and should be avoided at all cost.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

No. Its an awful PSU that is dangerous to use. Its on the :Avoid Tier list for PSUs

Pretty sure that's not the TR2 I'm talking about. The one I'm talking about is TR2 S, basically a European variant of it. Plus TR2 S released in 2015 while the list says "Any units released more than 12 years ago, bought more than 10 years ago, or made for ATX spec v2.2 or earlier due to the age of design and components", "Any units without APFC (with a voltage selection switch", the TR2 S was not released 12 years ago and has APFC

6 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

Pretty sure that's not the TR2 I'm talking about. The one I'm talking about is TR2 S, basically a European variant of it. Plus TR2 S released in 2015 while the list says "Any units released more than 12 years ago, bought more than 10 years ago, or made for ATX spec v2.2 or earlier due to the age of design and components", "Any units without APFC (with a voltage selection switch", the TR2 S was not released 12 years ago and has APFC

Nope. Its shit! Avoid 🙂

I know how hard it is to get parts for a resonable price in Belarus.
There surely is some better options for a similar price. 

5 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

yes, but that's for F tier, the next tier is E and that's basically F with extra steps

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Nope. Its shit! Avoid 🙂

I know how hard it is to get parts for a resonable price in Belarus.
There surely is some better options for a similar price. 

I'll keep looking then, thank you for preventing me from making a mistake

2 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

Oh, fair enough then

Can you link the Website where you would buy from and budget in your currency.
I'll take a look for something better.

Just now, throwaway60540 said:

I'll keep looking then, thank you for preventing me from making a mistake

Thats what we are here for!  Glad you wrote here and asked before purchasing.

I just don't want your house to burn down.

1 minute ago, Hinjima said:

Can you link the Website where you would buy from and budget in your currency.
I'll take a look for something better.

There are multiple, I usually use it-m.by, amd.by, 21vek, fk.by, I could probably link others

20 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

I'm looking for a decent budget psu (600w or more, >$100), this psu caught my attention since it seems to be good while also being relatively cheap, and has good reviews. Is it a good PSU? Can anyone who had it share their experience with it? I'm in Belarus so the vast majority of things that would be considered "budget" there are not budget here at all. Thanks!

Don't buy that bad crap

A Corsair RMe750 is $100, not the best around (can be noisy), but it's good and safe 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Don't buy that bad crap

A Corsair RMe750 is $100, not the best around (can be noisy), but it's good and safe 

Not in Belarus.  A RM750 would run you 130-140 USD over there, and this is a lot for Belarus salery.

10 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Thats what we are here for!  Glad you wrote here and asked before purchasing.

I just don't want your house to burn down.

Also, I often just type out "[component] buy in Minsk" and see which has the best deal instead of looking at specific prices, but I noticed it-m.by usually has the cheapest stuff

You can copy paste this to see what I mean

"[Component] купить Минск"

6 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

There are multiple, I usually use it-m.by, amd.by, 21vek, fk.by, I could probably link others

Checked those website for similar priced PSU's.( 225-230 BYN) and the options are terrible!
What is your budget though?

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Checked those website for similar priced PSU's.( 225-230 BYN) and the options are terrible!
What is your budget though?

<3000BYN / $916

I'm fine with bumping up maximum price up to $100 / 300BYN, just want a good psu

47 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

Not in Belarus.  A RM750 would run you 130-140 USD over there, and this is a lot for Belarus salery.

Still a better investment than a $100ish bad PSU imo

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

56 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

<3000BYN / $916

I'm fine with bumping up maximum price up to $100 / 300BYN, just want a good psu

Also, the full configuration (so far, I'm still pickin' parts out):

Ryzen 5 5500 - 322byn

B550 Phantom Gaming 4 - 419byn

Deepcool GammaXX 400 EX - 105byn

Kingston FURY Impact 2x8gb DDR4 SODIMM PC4-25600 3200MHz - 191byn

Patriot P300 1tb - 227byn

MSI RTX 3060 Ventus 2x 12GB OC - 1158byn

Some PSU - up to 350byn (can accept 400 if it's absolutely necessary but would like the cheapest best one)

Zalman S2 TG - 157byn

Full maximum cost: 2929 byn / $895

4 hours ago, throwaway60540 said:

Also, the full configuration (so far, I'm still pickin' parts out):

Ryzen 5 5500 - 322byn

B550 Phantom Gaming 4 - 419byn

Deepcool GammaXX 400 EX - 105byn

Kingston FURY Impact 2x8gb DDR4 SODIMM PC4-25600 3200MHz - 191byn

Patriot P300 1tb - 227byn

MSI RTX 3060 Ventus 2x 12GB OC - 1158byn

Some PSU - up to 350byn (can accept 400 if it's absolutely necessary but would like the cheapest best one)

Zalman S2 TG - 157byn

Full maximum cost: 2929 byn / $895

Thats a good parts list for a nice 1080p machine!  I like it 👍

You mentioned earlier that 300byn was max and I couldn't find a single unit within that price range I could recommend.

Bumping it up to 400byn we might actually be able to get you a PSU that is not dangerous and will last you a long time.

This Be Quiet Pure Power 12 550w is plenty for your build and comes with a fantastic 10 year warranty!.
https://it-m.by/catalog/komplektuuschie/bloki-pitaniya/be-quiet-pure-power-12-m-550w-bn341/

This Pure Power 11 is 700w and leaves more room for upgrades later. Still a nice reliable unit with 5 year warranty.

Its on the B:Tier on the PSU tier list and this is very good.

https://it-m.by/catalog/komplektuuschie/bloki-pitaniya/be-quiet-pure-power-11-700w-bn295/

These are just examples of how much better PSU's you can get by just bumping up the price a little bit.

Its 2AM so I will look around for other units tomorrow. You are probably faster at it than me for the websites as I dont speak Russian at all 😛
If you find some PSU's you like, tag me and link me them and I will help you find the best one out of those.

The 2 mentioned above are very solid units however, and they are both great options.

10 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Thats a good parts list for a nice 1080p machine!  I like it 👍

You mentioned earlier that 300byn was max and I couldn't find a single unit within that price range I could recommend.

Bumping it up to 400byn we might actually be able to get you a PSU that is not dangerous and will last you a long time.

This Be Quiet Pure Power 12 550w is plenty for your build and comes with a fantastic 10 year warranty!.
https://it-m.by/catalog/komplektuuschie/bloki-pitaniya/be-quiet-pure-power-12-m-550w-bn341/

This Pure Power 11 is 700w and leaves more room for upgrades later. Still a nice reliable unit with 5 year warranty.

Its on the B:Tier on the PSU tier list and this is very good.

https://it-m.by/catalog/komplektuuschie/bloki-pitaniya/be-quiet-pure-power-11-700w-bn295/

These are just examples of how much better PSU's you can get by just bumping up the price a little bit.

Its 2AM so I will look around for other units tomorrow. You are probably faster at it than me for the websites as I dont speak Russian at all 😛
If you find some PSU's you like, tag me and link me them and I will help you find the best one out of those.

The 2 mentioned above are very solid units however, and they are both great options.

Honestly I think I'll take the Pure Power 11 700w. It's a good price, decently future proof, B tier is a good rating, fits perfectly for the pc. Thanks a lot!

11 minutes ago, throwaway60540 said:

Honestly I think I'll take the Pure Power 11 700w. It's a good price, decently future proof, B tier is a good rating, fits perfectly for the pc. Thanks a lot!

Good choice!  I wouldn't be worried about using it in my own system 🙂

700w leaves nice room for future upgrades!