pb278q with displayport & power = no signal?

Pajamasam

Am I supposed to have another cord in at the same time?

no

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

no

any idea what's wrong then?

could it be my graphics card isn't in all the way? I really need advice.

did you set the monitor to receive from the displayport input?  assuming it has more than one input

any idea what's wrong then?

The monitor is either on auto select for inputs or has been set to use displayport and nothing else? 

Try using DL-DVI or HDMI  

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

did you set the monitor to receive from the displayport input?  assuming it has more than one input

it says "No Signal VGA" and then goes black. No matter when or how hard I push menu it won't do anything but go into standby as if I don't even exist. Does it have to have a VGA too, then swapped to Displayport, and then everything's good?

The monitor is either on auto select for inputs or has been set to use displayport and nothing else? 

Try using DL-DVI or HDMI  

plugged in the HDMI too, and it still says no signal vga

plugged in the HDMI too, and it still says no signal vga

sounds like it is stuck on  the VGA input then go into the screen menu (OSD) scroll down and find input select and then press the menu button again highlight displayport  and press the menu button again. 

Spoiler

You need to change your monitor input.

my graphics card doesn't have the blue input thing, Only the white one, hdmi, and displayport. It wants the blue one I think, so I'm going to try plugging my laptop into my monitor with my laptops blue thing (assuming vga) and then I'll try to access the menu to change it to displayport.

sounds like it is stuck on  the VGA input then go into the screen menu (OSD) scroll down and find input select and then press the menu button again highlight displayport  and press the menu button again. 

it won't let me into the menu. I've tried holding the button down or just pressing it

it won't let me into the menu. I've tried holding the button down or just pressing it

oopps forgot it just goes blank and locks you out of the OSD. 

nvm, the button next to the power button will let change the inputs, just tried.

Spoiler

just read the manual.  there should be a 'how to change input' section there.

oopps forgot it just blank. 

O what did I do..... I had similar problem I think I unhooked the inputs and then tried Ill try on mine again. 

So I have my laptop plugged in via VGA and it lets me access the menu now. But both HDMI and Displayport are coming up as "no signal" and then it defaults back to VGA

So I have my laptop plugged in via VGA and it lets me access the menu now. But both HDMI and Displayport are coming up as "no signal" and then it defaults back to VGA

Okay unplug from VGA use the input selector button to select displayport, make sure your pc end of the displayport connector is in right as well as the monitor end and see what happens. 

Spoiler

Okay unplug from VGA use the input selector button to select displayport, make sure your pc end of the displayport connector is in right as well as the monitor end and see what happens. 

I can't unplug the VGA and still have access to the menu.

It only lets me use the menu with the VGA connected.

I can't unplug the VGA and still have access to the menu.

It only lets me use the menu with the VGA connected.

you need the the OSD though I forget that it existed. 

OXy6LX9.jpg

Spoiler