Dell serwer PSU

AccordingOne

I got my hands on old server dell unit. Basically for free, I was wondering about adding graphics card to it and using it as low budget gaming rig from time to time to co-op with my GF. The problem is that it has some weird ass PSU ... Somewhat proprietary or something, It doesn't have a pcie power connector at all. Mobo power is 8 pin ... So either I find a way to change the PSU that fits and have pcie  power, or I find a way to power graphics card with the old one ? I was thinking about external power for now just for testing ... What do you guys think about it?  

IMG_20240111_170418.jpg

IMG_20240111_170358.jpg

IMG_20240111_163913.jpg

That's basically an Optiplex with a Xeon in it. Is it a Precision 3620?

The biggest OEM power supply for that chassis is Dell part number 7VK45. It's a 365 watt power supply with a single 6-pin PCIe power connector. There are a bunch on eBay for around $35 in the US.

If you need more power than that, you should be able to use any ATX power supply you want with a 24-pin to 8-pin adapter. (Assuming it physically fits in the case, of course.)

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

Dell product name is PowerEdge T30.

I'm not paying 40 bucks for 350ISH watt power supply. ATX it is, I have one ancient one on the side, but I don't know about quality of that unit :

IMG_20240111_182909.jpg

IMG_20240111_182900.jpg