Non-Modular cable sleaving

RML Futuristics

Hi all,

I'm looking to do some custom sleaving on my power supply I have everything ordered to do the whole thing. The only question I have is the sata power. Can I mod the cable and have all the sata power connectors on one line, as I have 5 HDD's all next to each other and I think it's the only way to make it look clean. But I don't want to break my PSU by doing it, is this something that's possible?

Freelancing Since 2012

Hi all,

I'm looking to do some custom sleaving on my power supply I have everything ordered to do the whole thing. The only question I have is the sata power. Can I mod the cable and have all the sata power connectors on one line, as I have 5 HDD's all next to each other and I think it's the only way to make it look clean. But I don't want to break my PSU by doing it, is this something that's possible?

do you mean something like this?

b9jhag.jpg

to the right of the pic are the sata power cables.

all of them are one cords with multiple sata power connectors stemming off from it.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I have the Corsair CX750m PSU and i wanna sleeve my cables, from what i've seen it looks like you take the PSU shell away, on mine theres 4 screws on the top but i'm not going to do this until i know that my PSU works :P

I have the Corsair CX750m PSU and i wanna sleeve my cables, from what i've seen it looks like you take the PSU shell away, on mine theres 4 screws on the top but i'm not going to do this until i know that my PSU works :P

I've hard that if you take the shell you sometimes have to make the hole for cables bigger as it's hard to pack them back in tight. Just something to think about if your not comfortable with metal work.

"An Excellent Signature"

I was thinking about doing this too but i think you can do individual cable then heatshrink where the cables go into the psu what do you think.