TV/monitor can display BIOS screen but not Windows login screen

swordwielder

Hi! I have a weird problem with my monitors.

For the last 6 months I have primarily used my TV as my monitor, using a HDMI-cable and everything worked perfectly. Then suddenly today it stopped working with fullscreen games, and when i restarted the PC, it wouldn't show me the windows login screen or any screen even after i logged in, but i can still get to the BIOS screen.

I don't think it is the cable that is busted, because when I use another monitor I had laying around everything works again, so it seems like neither the PC or the cable is causing this. But at the same time, the same cable connected to any of my other gaming consoles into my TV works perfectly fine. It is just between the PC and the TV that it doesn't work.

I have tried to lower the resolution, Cleaning the PC, forcing the PC to use the PCIe interface to force it to use my GPU, even changing the Nvidia settings according to some kind of manual online, but nothing of this worked.

I tried to start it in safe-mode, which worked, but it still won't work when I changed back. The only thing that came close to working was forcing the PC to use my integrated graphics instead of the GPU, but even then the resolution wasn't right. Or changing monitor, but gaming and watching movies on a computer monitor isn't the same as doing it on a television...

I use Windows 10, can give more specifics on my PC parts or monitors if needed.

Looking for any advice/fixes for this issue!

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 11:27 PM, swordwielder said:

Looking for any advice/fixes for this issue!

Such sudden change is usually related to something updating. And since it works in Safe Mode, that would suggest some conflict or change with display driver and Windows updates. So if this is still bothering you, trying out different driver versions would be the logical step.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv