Razer Orbweaver not being recognized by Synapse

Baghead

My specs are: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 NVIDIA GeForce GT 210 7 GB RAM(Odd number I know)

So I've been having some weirdness with my Razer Orbweaver recently. It worked fine and dandy, up until I changed my motherboard. My new motherboard doesn't have the purple keyboard input thing (Can't name it off of the top of my head), so I used a converter to convert it to USB. When I turned on my computer, my Orbweaver didn't do anything for about 10-15 seconds, after it just sort of breathed on. (By that, I mean the lights). But only the actual keyboard lights came on, not any of the side lights. Now it's not being recognized by Synapse, and when I type, nothing happens.

I'm not quite clear on how you plugged it in, but it sounds like the way you connected it it's only getting power and not transferring data. Could you please explain how you're connecting it?

Also, I'm fairly certain the 210 didn't come with 7 GB :P

Edit: Oh you meant system RAM, the way you listed your specs was a little confusing

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

I'm not quite clear on how you plugged it in, but it sounds like the way you connected it it's only getting power and not transferring data. Could you please explain how you're connecting it?

Also, I'm fairly certain the 210 didn't come with 7 GB :P

Edit: Oh you meant system RAM, the way you listed your specs was a little confusing

All I did was plug it into my back USB.

All I did was plug it into my back USB.

In your OP it says you did some adapter thinga-ma-jig, but I didn't really understand, could you explain?

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

In your OP it says you did some adapter thinga-ma-jig, but I didn't really understand, could you explain?

Well, it's an adapter that converts the purple plug thing into a usable USB keyboard input. It works, as I'm using that keyboard to type this right now.

Umm the orbweaver is only available I USB why are you mentioning Ps/2

Well, it's an adapter that converts the purple plug thing into a usable USB keyboard input. It works, as I'm using that keyboard to type this right now.

Hmmm my guess would be that maybe (I'm guessing by the specs that this is an older PC) you have an outdated version of USB that's incompatible with the device.

What OS are you running?

Ooooooh thats what he's talking about. I got confused.

Yeah, you have to use a USB port, that plug won't work with it. PS/2 is a very old standard that most modern devices don't support.

I'm using the USB converter for my keyboard, not the Orbweaver.

Hmmm my guess would be that maybe (I'm guessing by the specs that this is an older PC) you have an outdated version of USB that's incompatible with the device.

What OS are you running?

Windows 8.1.

I'm using the USB converter for my keyboard, not the Orbweaver.

"so I used a converter to convert it to USB"

What exactly are you converting to USB?

"so I used a converter to convert it to USB"

What exactly are you converting to USB?

Sorry for not being more accurate.

My keyboard uses a ps/2 input. My new motherboard doesn't have one of those, so I grabbed a converter. The converter has a ps/2 in and a USB out. I'm using that. I think it's not something to do with my keyboard, though, as after I removed the keyboard from my system, I still had the same problem after restarting.

Sorry for not being more accurate.

My keyboard uses a ps/2 input. My new motherboard doesn't have one of those, so I grabbed a converter. The converter has a ps/2 in and a USB out. I'm using that. I think it's not something to do with my keyboard, though, as after I removed the keyboard from my system, I still had the same problem after restarting.

So where does the Orbweaver plug in?

So where does the Orbweaver plug in?

A seperate USB port on the back of my motherboard. It's USB 2.0.

A seperate USB port on the back of my motherboard. It's USB 2.0.

Maybe you need to install some drivers? Here's a link: http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&_m=downloads&_a=view

Maybe you need to install some drivers? Here's a link: http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&_m=downloads&_a=view

Nope, nothing. Still not recognized by synapse, which was the only driver available. I know for a fact that this model works. I was having similar issues on a different motherboard though, the PSU died shortly after. (Hopefully a seprate issue, the PSU on here is the same one I was using with it when I origonally got it and it worked)

Nope, nothing. Still not recognized by synapse, which was the only driver available. I know for a fact that this model works. I was having similar issues on a different motherboard though, the PSU died shortly after. (Hopefully a seprate issue, the PSU on here is the same one I was using with it when I origonally got it and it worked)

Hmm, the only other thing I can think of is that the USB port on the motherboard is physically dead. Can you use another device to test if the USB port works?

Hmm, the only other thing I can think of is that the USB port on the motherboard is physically dead. Can you use another device to test if the USB port works?

They all work. I've done typing tests on all of them using this keyboard. Maybe the Orbweaver is drawing too much power, which would explain the breath as it starts up?

They all work. I've done typing tests on all of them using this keyboard. Maybe the Orbweaver is drawing too much power, which would explain the breath as it starts up?

If you were using PS/2 to USB with you orbweaver then the orbweaver may have been drawing a lot more power I don't really know but I do know that PS/2 can output more than USB as far as power standards go. Try a 3.0 port on your motherboard as I believe they can run up to 0.9mA and a standard 2.0 port can provide up to I believe .250mA or .5mA Try a 3.0 port like I said though see if that works it sounds like it's just not getting enough power.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

They all work. I've done typing tests on all of them using this keyboard. Maybe the Orbweaver is drawing too much power, which would explain the breath as it starts up

Hmm, it's a possibility.

Before the new motherboard were you on Windows 8.1? I'm guessing maybe it's incompatible with 8.1. 

Other than that I'm running out of ideas, you might have to wait for a second opinion.

If you were using PS/2 to USB with you orbweaver then the orbweaver may have been drawing a lot more power I don't really know but I do know that PS/2 can output more than USB as far as power standards go. Try a 3.0 port on your motherboard as I believe they can run up to 0.9mA and a standard 2.0 port can provide up to I believe .250mA or .5mA Try a 3.0 port like I said though see if that works it sounds like it's just not getting enough power.

My motherboard is an Intel DQ45CB, it doesn't have any USB 3.0 ports. I'm not using a USB to Ps/2 converter on the orbweaver, just on my keyboard. I don't think it could be a power issue, as on my old computer I had an ASUS Leonite2-Gl8e. Also my keyboard just stopped working, then flashed back on. Uh-oh.

I don't think his motherboard supports 3.0

My motherboard is an Intel DQ45CB, it doesn't have any USB 3.0 ports. I'm not using a USB to Ps/2 converter on the orbweaver, just on my keyboard. I don't think it could be a power issue, as on my old computer I had an ASUS Leonite2-Gl8e. Also my keyboard just stopped working, then flashed back on. Uh-oh.

Uh-oh indeed. That does not sound good at all.

Hmm, it's a possibility.

Before the new motherboard were you on Windows 8.1? I'm guessing maybe it's incompatible with 8.1. 

Other than that I'm running out of ideas, you might have to wait for a second opinion.

Uh, I hadn't thought of that. No wait, it worked on the old mobo, which for a small amount of time had Win8 on it.