NZXT H9 Flow + RTX 4090 Aorus Master - Please Help...

0xsomeone

Alright guys, I am at my wit's end. I have a complete beast of a build that is collecting dust simply because I cannot find anyone who can tell me the right way to make the build work!

I currently have the H9 Flow case by NZXT and it is simply incompatible with the RTX 4090 Aorus Master, there is not enough clearance to connect the 12VHPWR cables to the GPU. I initially bought the 180deg angled adapter by CableMod (v1.0), booted my computer for an hour of gaming, and then came across numerous complaints on Reddit that the cards are melting. I noticed they were doing a v1.1 replacement scheme, however, I never did that as I couldn't trust them anymore.

Turns out I was right as they are recalling their v1.1 adapters as well. Given that I have no option to use an angled adapter (I assume it is simply impossible to do safely at this point), I want to use a vertical mount. My concern is that the vertical mount will not fit either, and I tried searching the web for a vertical mount that will support this behemoth of a GPU to no avail.

Can someone please help me out? I have had this setup for about half a year with only one hour in operation.

On a side note, does anyone know if the driver issues concerning the G9 57" and RTX 4090 were resolved? The RTX 4090 should be able to run 240hz with HDMI 2.1 at the full resolution of the monitor, however, I remember it was not possible at launch. If they never fixed this, this computer build might be the biggest waste of money I have invested.

Full Specifications:

- Case: NZXT H9 Flow

- Motherboard: Asus Rog Strix X670E-F Gaming WiFi Motherboard ATX

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2GHz

- GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24GB GDDR6X Aorus Master

- RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB 64GB DDR5 RAM (2x32GB)

- CPU Cooler: Corsair CPU Cooler Hydro H150i Elite LCD XT

- SSD: Samsung 990 PRO SSD 2TB M.2 NVMe PCI Express 4.0

- PSU: Corsair HX Series HX1200 1200W Full Modular 80 Plus Platinum

Please see attached reddit link to thread detailing an aorus master being vertically mounted in the h7 Flow, yours should be even easier due to the extra space in the h9, this should solve your issue?

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3

1 hour ago, 0xsomeone said:

Can someone please help me out? I have had this setup for about half a year with only one hour in operation.

I understand your situation but just run the PC without the side panel so you can atleast use the damn thing lol...

The post above from @TatamiMatt should help you as it will work in your case as well.

Recent build: Fractal Design - Torrent reviewMeshify C / The 1080TI Strix Noctua modDefine S X58 Xeon build  / Specs: i7-14700KF 5.8Ghz - ASUS TUF RTX 4080 super - G.Skill Ripjaws 32GB 4000mhz CL18 -  Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X d4 - Torrent Fractal Design white - EVGA 850W Supernova G2 80+ Gold - Noctua D15

2 hours ago, TatamiMatt said:

Please see attached reddit link to thread detailing an aorus master being vertically mounted in the h7 Flow, yours should be even easier due to the extra space in the h9, this should solve your issue?

Thanks for sharing that! I have ordered the NZXT vertical mounting bracket, I just did not want to order one unless I confirmed it was working and when I had asked Reddit I had gotten no response.

1 hour ago, wildgg said:

I understand your situation but just run the PC without the side panel so you can atleast use the damn thing lol...

The post above from @TatamiMatt should help you as it will work in your case as well.

I did ask about this but never got a response, is it safe to use without the glass panel? I assume that dust would accumulate and air flow would not be as good, meaning that the system might become prone to overheating.

2 minutes ago, 0xsomeone said:

Thanks for sharing that! I have ordered the NZXT vertical mounting bracket, I just did not want to order one unless I confirmed it was working and when I had asked Reddit I had gotten no response.

I did ask about this but never got a response, is it safe to use without the glass panel? I assume that dust would accumulate and air flow would not be as good, meaning that the system might become prone to overheating.

Dust will build up quicker but just requires slightly more cleaning

Airflow should actually be better as there is much less restriction, constriction and obstruction for parts to pull in colder air and get rid of it easier

System specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D [-30 PBO all core]

GPU: Sapphire AMD Radeon RX 7800 XT NITRO+ [1050mV, 2.8GHz core, 2.6Ghz mem]

Motherboard: MSI MAG B650 TOMAHAWK WIFI

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB 32GB 6000MHz CL32 DDR5

Storage: 2TB SN850X, 1TB SN850 w/ heatsink, 500GB P5 Plus (OS Storage)

Case: 5000D AIRFLOW

Cooler: Thermalright Frost Commander 140

PSU: Corsair RM850e

PCPartPicker List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/QYLBh3