Computer shutting down after plugging and detaching USB

I built this rig in July 2022 and bought all the parts around that time except for the case which is from 2015. This is my computer:

Bought in July 2022:

CPU: Intel Core i5-12600K Processor, 3.7 GHz w/ 10 (6P + 4E) Cores / 16 threads

Motherboard: Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX DDR4-3200, 7.1 Audio, Dual M. 2, 2.5G LAN, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth, RGB Fusion

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO V2 CPU Cooler w/ LGA1700

Memory: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Storage: Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe M.2 PCI-E x4 SSD

Power Supply: Corsair RM White Series RM750 80+ Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply, 750 W

OS: Was on Windows 10 Pro Retail then upgraded to Windows 11

BIOS Vers: F6a

Temperature: constantly around 20°C

Bought in 2015:

Case: Fractal Design Define R5 ATX Mid Tower Case

I have built computers with my friend and this is our 6th build together and this rig has been problematic. Here are my issues:

1. Whenever a peripheral (not keyboard or mouse) plugged into any USB port (front (Case) or back (motherboard) and properly disconnected after use, the computer would shut down after 4-6 hours.

2. Shutdown is random and without warning. It would display “shutting down” message:

8CLa1j9rxGgGzpEUrJANgT9Gi8m1qtZ7m-VDeefylPXhll2mC5jfGPa-BJAzd4BhE8IDNVtl2FgoXPV_leU2qgIMa5XxEZPY3Sa1lSiWHYzn3h8fOVvn7yluARYYDPe52za5VK_593w3XuZ2-LUAo78

Once shut down, the power button on the case will not allow me to power on the computer. It would need to wait for around 2 hours before the power button can power on the computer or the computer may try to turn itself back on but then immediately shuts down at random.

3. If the computer does power up, the boot failure message from BIOS will show

rYIUXX8pCOITSWNubzBmJuicg7m5bbbvBga8ddK-hof9G39m4VbIMK-Q-ujlXzOm0q1OXqXurIhMnJ3y-qNWqo5IyWy-XiUXsgH8bM7GzVeGTYopdgTs0ljm46X2GvgCvbRGtw3wvikf4VEcDzCu_YM

Selecting either option 1 or 2 will allow me to boot to Windows with no issues.

4. Once the computer has randomly shut down once, it will randomly shut down even without any peripherals connected to any USB ports. Keyboard and mouse have stayed connected at all times. The computer would not be able to keep itself on for as short as 20 minutes and as long as 90 minutes. Once it shuts down, it will return the state in step 2 to 4.

5. The problem can only be resolved if I reset the computer via Windows (full deletion of all files and reinstall Windows (either via USB or cloud). The problem will occur again whenever I connect via USB port.

What I have tried and the problem persists:

• Since the problem occurred while it had Windows 10, I have upgraded to Windows 11
  • I have replaced the power supply unit with another

• The set up is originally plugged into a power bar, but I have plugged into the wall socket and also used a different power bar. I have also tried plugging into different wall sockets in my house. House is 60 years old but had undergone renovations 15 years ago so the wall sockets were also installed at that time.

• I have detached the RAM and try booting one stick at a time and in different slots.

• I have detached all hard drives.

• I have replaced the keyboard and mouse.

• I have used different USB peripherals:

• Different cables to charge phones or other mobile devices

• USB drives

• Hard drive docks

• USB hub

• I have taken out every component within the case and reseated it twice.

• Computer is left on all the time and the power management settings are set to not shut down.

• Computer is set to restart itself if it shuts down.

This problem did happen before I bought the new parts with my old rig but my old rig was 8+ years old and the processor was running slow so I thought it was time to build a new one anyway. Initially, the computer worked fine until I started using the USB ports. If I reset the entire computer (full wipe), and not use any USB ports (except for keyboard and mouse), the computer would stay on. This shutdown issue is with or without any of my external hard drives attached. I don't have any lose or extra wires either.

I first brought it to the computer repair shop and dropped off all the peripherals that I usually used. They only identified that the USB hub as the culprit in shorting the rig. However, I only used the USB hub after this shutdown problem occurred so I am certain that it's not the hub. The shop was only able to resolve the BIOS failure message by selecting the Windows boot. I brought it home and plugged in my usual USB drive in the front panel of my case and ejected it as usual and it started doing that shutdown cycle again. I brought it back to the repair shop and they have tried updating and rolling back BIOS and the problem persisted. Burn test and mem test revealed no issues. The repair shop then said it may be the motherboard, but then later said it may be the AIC connectors on the front panel of the case. They bypassed my case and used the front panel of a different case and the computer has not shutdown for 5 days but they also did not try attaching any peripherals yet which I am getting them to try this week as this was the trigger to my issues. Their suggestion is to replace the connector as "workaround" to turn on the computer at will since the power button of my case will not be used but my concern is keep the computer on and I am unsure if this workaround will help.

I did see this on another forum with the similar issue:

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/pc-is-randomly-shutting-itself-down-and-several-hours-later-starting-itself-again.291075/

Any advice on what I should do?