Getting 4 error messages for missing files when I'm entering my windows pin upon start up

Owsleygarcia95
Go to solution Solved by Murasaki,

You're somehow missing VC++ Runtime libs. I always install this pack, its fast and easy.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Use the batch (.bat) file to install them all, a command prompt will pop up so don't be alarmed by it.

Hope it fixes it.

A couple of days ago I was concerned about how much ram my pc was using doing nothing,  so I uninstalled some programs I wasn't using anymore. Among these I had around 10 different Microsoft Visual C++ redistributables installed. I'm 99% sure these came from torrented games. I always checked the box not to install this, but I think a few did it automatically. They were dated from 2008 to 2022. I kept the most recent one that says 2015-2022. A couple of them were even x64 instead of x86.

This could easily be entirely unrelated because it's amdnoisesupression.exe that is missing files, but the first time it happened was 5 minutes after I uninstalled these and rebooted the system, so I figured I should mention it. I did a windows update at the same time I was uninstalling those.  

20240106_101334.thumb.jpg.1686426bd441e63db0dc6c865a95ed16.jpg

20240106_101340.thumb.jpg.c56f4b340d8081e5614da524f55d6646.jpg

20240106_101348.thumb.jpg.5b658f3df902af261da40f76a35c4537.jpg

20240106_101355.thumb.jpg.50ad3bea2ed8306fc32652e92082137a.jpg

These are the 4 error messages I get, in the order I receive them. 

I found a thread on reddit that was related to amdnoisesupression.exe, but it was about a year old and related to a driver update. This definitely didn't seem correlate with a gpu driver update. 

I really don't want to have to do a clean install and I can live with the error messages if I have to. It doesn't seem to matter after I get into windows, but it's annoying and I'd like to fix it if I can. 

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

You're somehow missing VC++ Runtime libs. I always install this pack, its fast and easy.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

Use the batch (.bat) file to install them all, a command prompt will pop up so don't be alarmed by it.

Hope it fixes it.

Thank you. I will give it a try and see if it works. Figured it was something simple like that I just didn't want to randomly start trying things.

1 hour ago, Murasaki said:

Hope it fixes it.

It worked. Thanks again very much. 

7 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

It worked. Thanks again very much. 

You should mark @Murasaki's post as the solution to your problem. 🙂

4 minutes ago, si1enze said:

You should mark @Murasaki's post as the solution to your problem. 🙂

Oh yeah. I got my first one the other day lol. I didn't really realize I could do that until it happened to me. At some point I'll try to go back and give mark them all. Thanks. I'll try to find it.

34 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Oh yeah. I got my first one the other day lol. I didn't really realize I could do that until it happened to me. At some point I'll try to go back and give mark them all. Thanks. I'll try to find it.

Glad its fixed!

4 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Glad its fixed!

Ok I've got another one for you lol. So before I deleted all of the VC++ Runtime programs, my computer had started to randomly restart itself and got it had probably only been happening for about 2 weeks. It stopped restarting after I deleted all of those and was getting the error message. It just happened again within a half hour - hour of fixing it...52 minutes I guess. I have racked my brain and I can't think of any significant change I made when it happened originally 2 weeks ago. I was like two sentences away from finishing a long post on here and lost it. It would appear to be related to the VC++ too, because for the 3 or 4 days I was getting the error message, I never got a random restart. Any idea? 

14 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Glad its fixed!

I'm going to fire up red dead redemption 2 and see if it crashes. 

15 minutes ago, Owsleygarcia95 said:

Ok I've got another one for you lol. So before I deleted all of the VC++ Runtime programs, my computer had started to randomly restart itself and got it had probably only been happening for about 2 weeks. It stopped restarting after I deleted all of those and was getting the error message. It just happened again within a half hour - hour of fixing it...52 minutes I guess. I have racked my brain and I can't think of any significant change I made when it happened originally 2 weeks ago. I was like two sentences away from finishing a long post on here and lost it. It would appear to be related to the VC++ too, because for the 3 or 4 days I was getting the error message, I never got a random restart. Any idea? 

Please make a seperate thread for this issue.

26 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Please make a seperate thread for this issue.

Just posted it.