Massive audio delay when starting videos on my HP Omen Blast Headset when on USB

DandyMan
Go to solution Solved by DandyMan,

I've managed to find a fix in the end, not sure if this is the proper solution or the best solution, but with my non-existent knowledge on the matter it was the best I could do and so far it seems to work great.

To anyone reading this in the same situation as me where no other solution has worked (even the regedit fix because like me you don't have a Realtek audio driver) give this program a shot, make it run on startup and minimized to tray (cause the solution only works if the program is opened) and you're good to go.

https://github.com/miniant-git/REAL

I've tried everything I could find and I don't know what else to do

I've uninstalled all USB devices and let Windows 10 reinstall them

Same for all Audio devices

Installed the Audio Driver of my Motherboard

Installed that God awful Omen Gaming Hub that doesn't even work 9 out of 10 times (I wanted to use the equalizer)

I don't know what else to do. The only thing I found that I didn't try was edit a registry key, but not because I didn't want to, but because I don't have Realtek

My motherboard is Asus P6T WS Pro

With YouTube and Twich it's not an issue, you miss a few seconds and that's it, but everything else, every small video you miss the first few seconds of the video no matter what you do, or worse, you skip somewhere in the video, you better skip a few seconds early for the sound to render, otherwise you'll miss the audio portion that you wanted to hear.

This might be an odd question, but do you live inside European Union?
Afaik, some audio devices in EU have to adhere to some guidelines if they are to be sold there.

If I remember correctly, it's some kind of sleep function if it's not being used and when you want to listen to it for the first time in X amount of time it takes a second or two for it to actually start playing when returning from sleep

Take this info with a good grain of salt, it's been a while since I visited that topic

>> Please consider tagging me (with a @) or quoting my reply so I can more easily get back at you! <<

Always happy to help!! 🤠

11 minutes ago, Catzzye said:

This might be an odd question, but do you live inside European Union?
Afaik, some audio devices in EU have to adhere to some guidelines if they are to be sold there.

If I remember correctly, it's some kind of sleep function if it's not being used and when you want to listen to it for the first time in X amount of time it takes a second or two for it to actually start playing when returning from sleep

Take this info with a good grain of salt, it's been a while since I visited that topic

Yes, I am from the EU and it was brought from a EU compliant store, but what would be the solution ? Also this isn't a first time after letting the headphones idle issue, this is an every single time issue when changing apps, browsers, websites etc.

I've managed to find a fix in the end, not sure if this is the proper solution or the best solution, but with my non-existent knowledge on the matter it was the best I could do and so far it seems to work great.

To anyone reading this in the same situation as me where no other solution has worked (even the regedit fix because like me you don't have a Realtek audio driver) give this program a shot, make it run on startup and minimized to tray (cause the solution only works if the program is opened) and you're good to go.

https://github.com/miniant-git/REAL