USB Problems / Fan Controls stop working | LVL 100 Raid Boss Problem for you to solve

Hello Guys,

this is gonna be a tough one. I am facing two Problems that are probably connected by the same issue. So lets start with some Info about my System.

Asus Z790 Hero, Bios 1501

i9 13900KS, direct die cooled

G.Skill TridentZ DDR5 6400

RTX 4090 Strix OC

Full Custom Loop

1. Cooler Master HAF 700 Controller in Back of the Case to a internal USB 2.0 onto the Motherboard.

2. Aquacomputer High Flow Next, connected to the other internal USB 2.0 header.

Fan Setup Case: 2x200mm Front Fans, 2x140mm Rear Fans -> Haf 700 Hub -> PWM to CPU_FAN

Fan Setup Radiators: 8x140mm Fans -> Deepcool Fan Hub (powered by Molex) ->PWM to Chassis_Fan1

Software:

CoolerMaster MasterPlus (for Front Display / RGB)

SignalRGB for all my RGB obviously

Aquasuite to monitor my Water Temp / Flow

First Problem:

I am running a Custom Loop in my PC in a HAF 700 Case by Cooler Master. Couple Months after use, whenever my PC idles for too long i get some USB Connection issues with my two internally connected Devices.

Now, whenever i started to idle my PC (happened only once while gaming), my Aquacomputer Device would just start connecting/disconnecting very fast a couple of times, until the sound stopped and my device was no longer visible. One Time i moved my Mouse after idle and i got an USB Overcurrent Message on Win11 and could only Reboot.

First Picture: all normal after Reboot. Second Picture: After USB disconnects.

image.png.f72bd9410574e686274e1c7e2142fee8.pngimage.png.0aa0422df7bbb18a42de6e63967c04fc.png

Now, i already checked my Cables to the Haf 700 Controller and the Aquacomputer High Flow Next, and after a reboot it is all connected again with no issues. Normally it wouldn't be a big Problem, but i am using this Device to Monitor my Flow and Water Temperature.

Second Problem:

My Q-Fan Controls in Bios work for hours at best after reboot, then my Fan Speed just locks to 900RPM on Chassis_Fan1, and 600RPM on CPU_Fan. Sometimes even 300RPM for both.

I have no clue which Software meddles with my Fan Speeds or why my Bios does not control the Fans anymore. I did use Fan Xpert 4 by Armoury Crate that never worked / lost control but i got rid of that Software by now.

Fans are set to monitor CPU Package Temperature and Auto-Detect for DC or PWM Mode. I need to get these Speeds under Control reliably, otherwise my Water Temp rises to 45°C in Summer without me knowing. Thats why i also use my Alarm that the Aquacomputer HFN has on its firmware.

Now to what i already tried:

-Updating Bios to Version 1501

-Enabling High Power Energy Profile / disabling USB Suspend

-Uninstalling the Cancer Armoury Crate ( with their official uninstaller )

-Disabling Tasks one by one to try and find what takes control of my Fans

I cannot use the Fan Control Software on Github, because it sometimes completely freezes my PC when it idles for too long. Don't ask my why, the Problem disappered after i stopped using it. But that shows, there is some major Problem that links my two issues together but i can not find it. This is one of those things you just cannot google. This PC has been built in March by me and was running reliably for a while. Software is pretty clean, only MasterPlus was needed for the Display and Armoury Crate i uninstalled. I dont' know what to do.

I need all of you Anthonys out there to find this one 😕

HWInfo Fans locked.png

High Flow Next.png