Anyone have experience with Gelid HeatPhase Ultra?

w1nger1

My 3080 been running quite hot lately, with hotspot temps well over 100c while gaming. I've been doing some research on which thermal pads I should use as replacement, l locked down to either Kritical or Gelid Ultimate.

I also came across a newish product called HeatPhase Ultra from Gelid on their website. Seems it work just like Honeywell PTM7950 and It is readily available at my location. Just wondering does anyone have experience with using it?

Its 100% not the thermal pads here just the thermal paste thats dried up a bit most likely. Or dust  hotter weather,...

However is the non hotspot temp under 83c? If so all is good.

Also the gelid and honeywell stuff is NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR THERMAL PADS!!! Its extremely thin when as a thermal pad is 1-3mm thick. Using these will literally mean your cooler doesnt make contact with the components.

1 hour ago, w1nger1 said:

My 3080 been running quite hot lately, with hotspot temps well over 100c while gaming. I've been doing some research on which thermal pads I should use as replacement, l locked down to either Kritical or Gelid Ultimate.

I also came across a newish product called HeatPhase Ultra from Gelid on their website. Seems it work just like Honeywell PTM7950 and It is readily available at my location. Just wondering does anyone have experience with using it?

you said it yourself, the issue is hotspot gpu core temps, how would changing the thermal pads alter that?

now if you wanna use ptm7950 on the gpu core then sure it would improve your temperatures

9 hours ago, jaslion said:

Also the gelid and honeywell stuff is NOT A REPLACEMENT FOR THERMAL PADS!!! Its extremely thin when as a thermal pad is 1-3mm thick. Using these will literally mean your cooler doesnt make contact with the components.

Yes I know it is not the replacement for thermal pads, just happens while I was browsing their website and saw HeatPhase Ultra and curious how it compares to PTM7950.

9 hours ago, ki8aras said:

now if you wanna use ptm7950 on the gpu core then sure it would improve your temperatures

Yes I am considering using PTM7950 or HeatPhase Ultra. Hence, that's why I asked if any tried HeatPhase Ultra.

From HWiNFO64 max temp while gaming:

• GPU Temperature: 71.5c
  • GPU Memory Junction Temperature: 80c
  • GPU Hot Spot Temparture: 105.6c

So GPU hotspot temps are referring to the core temps? Or somewhere else?

33 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

GPU Hot Spot Temparture: 105.6c

yes, hotspot temps are referring to the hottest part of the core

49 minutes ago, w1nger1 said:

Yes I know it is not the replacement for thermal pads, just happens while I was browsing their website and saw HeatPhase Ultra and curious how it compares to PTM7950.

Yes I am considering using PTM7950 or HeatPhase Ultra. Hence, that's why I asked if any tried HeatPhase Ultra.

From HWiNFO64 max temp while gaming:

• GPU Temperature: 71.5c
  • GPU Memory Junction Temperature: 80c
  • GPU Hot Spot Temparture: 105.6c

So GPU hotspot temps are referring to the core temps? Or somewhere else?

Oh temps are quite fine then honestly