Printing labels before shipping

So I ordered a couple of the Noctua themed screwdrivers and I know they will ship by the 15 but I got a shipping notification but has been at label created for a week I thought they stopped printing them so far in advance or did that not change?

If I remember correctly they tried to optimized the time but it was easiest for them to print them in bulk.
I ordered twice with a day apart and both labels were created December 27th and the first order was shipped on Jan 3rd, the other on Jan 4th.聽
That's still a weird customer experience but far better than the multiple weeks for the backpack 馃檪

Store "printing" label before shipping is standard practice. For them, it's automated process. They create label which sends you information about it. Even the carrier might not have it in their system at that point.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Check Nick Light's first post in this thread (nicklmg):聽

2 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Store "printing" label before shipping is standard practice. For them, it's automated process. They create label which sends you information about it. Even the carrier might not have it in their system at that point.

It might be the norm for LTT which if it is ok well enough. But I order from a lot of places and none of the other places print the label before it is actually going to ship at most get a shipping notification and with in 30 minutes to 4 hours have movement of the package not a week or more at label created. In one case I ordered from LTT and another company for accessories for something else the LTT wasn't even something like these screw drivers that have a will ship by date actually something in stock. The other company had it shipped with in half an hour and in my mail box 2 days later and that was free shipping was a little over a week later after the other stuff showed up LTT shipped and there was shipping and I know that's standard for them because a lot what they sell leaves Canada and isn't cheap.

1 hour ago, crostiger said:

It might be the norm for LTT which if it is ok well enough. But I order from a lot of places and none of the other places print the label before it is actually going to ship at most get a shipping notification and with in 30 minutes to 4 hours have movement of the package not a week or more at label created. In one case I ordered from LTT and another company for accessories for something else the LTT wasn't even something like these screw drivers that have a will ship by date actually something in stock. The other company had it shipped with in half an hour and in my mail box 2 days later and that was free shipping was a little over a week later after the other stuff showed up LTT shipped and there was shipping and I know that's standard for them because a lot what they sell leaves Canada and isn't cheap.

I order also a lot of things. Usually label is created on same day package is dropped off or collected, but at times it can take day or two, depending on the volume store is moving. For example, I got label of one order today, carrier has since confirmed it, but not collected. For LTTStore, time between label creation and collection was 1 day. I have had even Amazon orders that wait over a day before carrier pick up.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

1 hour ago, crostiger said:

Maybe it also depends on where you live? Here in the states, no matter where I order from, I always getting a "shipping notification" before it's actually shipped.