What AV should I install on Linux Mint?

Go to solution Solved by YoungBlade,

Generally speaking, Linux doesn't require an anti-virus. If, for some reason, you believe that your system has been infected with something, then there is a FOSS anti-virus program called ClamAV, but its main purpose is actually to purge Windows malware from your system so that it doesn't spread to Windows systems that the computer interacts with.

Basically, just use the computer. No AV required.

I have installed Linux Mint onto an old laptop to bring it back to life and use it on the go but I'm unsure of what security there is in Mint and how good so what AV should I pick for it, please? (free versions). I am new to Linux so this is my first time. 

Generally speaking, Linux doesn't require an anti-virus. If, for some reason, you believe that your system has been infected with something, then there is a FOSS anti-virus program called ClamAV, but its main purpose is actually to purge Windows malware from your system so that it doesn't spread to Windows systems that the computer interacts with.

Basically, just use the computer. No AV required.

there aren't really many consumer AV suites available for Linux.

Not to say Linux can't get viruses, but for those that DO target linux, they're more pointed at the servers and not desktop distros.

Most of this comes down to mainstream popularity; there isn't much incentive for desktop linux to be targeted compared to Windows, MacOS, and Android, iOS.