Why wont the the flash for Linux work?

Go to solution Solved by IR76,

Fixed it, Windows Defender was stopping Etcher. 

I've followed the steps and I downloaded Etcher for Windows and tried all the versions none of them works when flashing onto my USB and I'm not sure why or if there's something I'm meant to do first to the USB or something and would like some help please, any questions please ask and thank you very much for helping. 

image.png.4c883403fb67501af869abbb5a47f781.pngimage.png.36818ebc265a6925d71c18d69aa85905.pngimage.png.42746b9fbb64093852a8d10f784ec2b9.png

What's that USB drive? Probably faulty.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Just now, Kilrah said:

What's that USB drive? Probably faulty.

brand new and I've been using it before i think it may be the formatting so I'm YouTubing it at the moment. 

2 hours ago, IR76 said:

Yet another reason two ditch it! 😄

17 hours ago, Arokan said:

Yet another reason two ditch it! 😄

If you mean having no protection at all I completely disagree, as for Windows Defender being your primary AV it depends on what you do, for me I know online safety, I don't visit the more dangerous or strange sides of the internet and I periodically scan my drives with malwarebytes from time to time. If you do visit the more dangerous parts for whatever reasons you probably should get a premium AV or at least another AV on top of Defender unless your performance decreases dramatically. 

Just now, IR76 said:

If you mean having no protection at all I completely disagree, as for Windows Defender being your primary AV it depends on what you do, for me I know online safety, I don't visit the more dangerous or strange sides of the internet and I periodically scan my drives with malwarebytes from time to time. If you do visit the more dangerous parts for whatever reasons you probably should get a premium AV or at least another AV on top of Defender unless your performance decreases dramatically. 

Also I just got Defender to not notice Etcher so it was a simple fix I just didn't notice the notifications. 

On 1/3/2024 at 6:10 PM, IR76 said:

If you mean having no protection at all I completely disagree

No no, I mean the hassle with Windows Defender is a reason to ditch Window$. Escape the claws of Billy G!

On 1/6/2024 at 3:21 AM, Arokan said:

No no, I mean the hassle with Windows Defender is a reason to ditch Window$. Escape the claws of Billy G!

Ah fair enough. Yea i agree i have been trying out Linux Mint and i love it but i still have windows for gaming for compatibility reasons. 

On 1/7/2024 at 2:21 PM, IR76 said:

i still have windows for gaming for compatibility reasons. 

What do you play that you don't get to run?

I'm always somewhat fascinated when I hear that something doesn't run on Linux, because I've never had that problem at all! Even with fairly new games, most of the time it works with the next proton experimental/GE update! 😄

P.S.: and it's not like I'm the bleeding edge Arch tinker master. I run Debian stable! 😄