Should my GTX 1060 be running at 85°C?

Hello,

I have a Asus Strix GTX 1060 OC, it used to run normal but now it runs hot, like hot. Idle temp is 39-45 and under minimal load, like 30% it goes to almost 60 and under 98% it’s 78-83.

Should it be like that?

if I need to repaste it, what should I use and do I need any thermal pads? Which size

it’s a three fan version, so if anyone could help me with a video or something, it would really help

thank you

Just now, Sheybi said:

if I need to repaste it, what should I use and do I need any thermal pads?

Older cards benefit from a repaste, I did mine recently as well. Any basic paste is pretty good, I used Arctic MX-4 myself. You should not need new pads.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

Older cards benefit from a repaste, I did mine recently as well. Any basic paste is pretty good, I used Arctic MX-4 myself. You should not need new pads.

Alr, thanks because even in valorant, it’s at 100% it becomes really hot, same with CounterStrike source, and I get about 70fps in cs2 with i5-6600 is that thermal throttling? Just in case should I get 1 mm pads?

20 minutes ago, Sheybi said:

is that thermal throttling?

at 85C, i would say yes. Nvidia cards tend to want to not go beyond that, my own card is set to 83

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Everything else was covered by Fasauceome, just a note on the pads, you dont really need to worry about replacing thermal pads unless theyve been damaged in some way, or if theyre bone dry, which takes usually 10+ years to occur.

Just from my experience with mountains of ancient gpus, pads are the least of my concerns on anything Maxwell or newer. And even then its not until cards from around 2008 or earlier that i just replace them by default.