Movie Theater/Cinema Headphones

G_K

I go to the Cinema and the sound is amazing, with either Dolby or THX speakers makes the room shake with Explosions from the movie, and its crystal clear sound, good bass and much more, i use my samsung TV, for watching movies, playing video games.

I am trying to find the number 1 best headphones to buy that matches Cinema style experience with Doby/THX in the headphones

I have had Razer headphones over the years for gaming and movies, the sound is amazing and razer does have Thx for there headphone but i give up on razer now as the headphones are such sh_t, and i have all models, after or near a year they start to become broken, wont connect to the software, and battery starts going anyway....

Back to the headphones idea, razer has something called HYPERSENSE, which is haptic technology. From rumbling explosions to whizzing bullets in the video games, its amazing feeling the headphone nearly falling off because of the feeling from what your playing or watching, i would like too get that in my next brand pair of headphones if thats possible,

I have looked and tried to do my research but stuck now, thats why am posting for help, so far i have looked at, Beyerdynamic, Bose, Sony, Bang-Olufsen headphones

It would really help if you could give some requirements, budget and wired/ wireless are the main ones. As for the cinema vibe take it from me (someone who has played around with multiple thousand dollar headphones) no headphones can ever come close to what good speakers can do, if you're really wanting amazing details and imaging then the Sennheiser HD800 is your ultimate pick, widest soundtage of any headphone I've ever tried and many audio enthusiasts repeat the same praises

You're not going to match the cinema.

Part of the experience is the full body feeling of the bass and the way the sound bounces all around the room before getting to you. This can't be replicated by headphones due to physics and the fact that only your ears would "experience" it.

However if you want really fun headphones with impactful bass, the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm are amazing.

Source: I use them.

| Remember to mark Solutions! | Quote Posts if you want a Reply! |
| Tell us everything! Budget? Currency? Country? Retailers? | Help us help You! |

15 hours ago, saintlouisbagels said:

You're not going to match the cinema.

Part of the experience is the full body feeling of the bass and the way the sound bounces all around the room before getting to you. This can't be replicated by headphones due to physics and the fact that only your ears would "experience" it.

However if you want really fun headphones with impactful bass, the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro 80ohm are amazing.

Source: I use them.

I do have the DT770 Pro, but i have no way of connecting them to my TV, they do AUX connection and the TV only has USB, Optical, I tried USB to AUX, the headphones work but they sound like really cheap headphone sounds, i guess because not enough power through USB on the TV might need a converter or something to make them work properly

15 hours ago, Cocococo said:

It would really help if you could give some requirements, budget and wired/ wireless are the main ones. As for the cinema vibe take it from me (someone who has played around with multiple thousand dollar headphones) no headphones can ever come close to what good speakers can do, if you're really wanting amazing details and imaging then the Sennheiser HD800 is your ultimate pick, widest soundtage of any headphone I've ever tried and many audio enthusiasts repeat the same praises

Budget of £1000, Connection of the headphones anything goes, i can buy stuff to make it work with my TV if it doesnt have the right connection, My TV only has, USB Audio, Optical Audio,

19 hours ago, G_K said:

Budget of £1000, Connection of the headphones anything goes, i can buy stuff to make it work with my TV if it doesnt have the right connection, My TV only has, USB Audio, Optical Audio,

Yeah you're gonna have to make a choice, amazing detail or great bass, not found a single headphone that does both really well. For great detail you're spoiled for choice, my personal favourites in this approximate price range are the OG Focal Clear (gonna have to buy used, Focal discontinued them in 2018 and the Clear MG are just not on the same level) Aurorus Borealis (will have to import from USA but they are outstanding) potentially a HEDDPHONE if you can find a pair (very cool tech inside, seen prices go decently low but it ain't likely) 

For great bass i haven't personally tried the E-MU Teak but friends and reviewers i trust all point to them and say "best bass in headphones" so i'd consider them a pretty safe pick, as for headphones i have tried the ZMF Auteur and Atticus have great bass but lack the soundstage to really make them the option i'd go for. If i had to go with a single option and speakers aren't an option (seriously speakers are the only thing that can deliver what you're looking for) then i guess i'd look for a pair of Fostex TH610's, in terms of sound they're pretty good (providing you don't remember that Audeze Maxwell exists) bass is decently punchy because that's just how closed backs roll, the soundstage and imaging is genuinely great, one of the better closed backs out there (though they will not be anywhere near as good as speaker options you have) 

For connecting to your TV i guess a Schiit Magni + Modi stack will be your best pick, but these will need separate volume adjustment (USB to RCA to go into the Modi DAC and Schiit sells little RCA to RCA cables to connect the Modi DAC and Magni amp (Modi doesn't have headphone out, Magni does) but PLEASE bear in mind how vastly superior speakers are, you can get some really nice equipment for this kind of budget 

I use a full little Schiit stack, Modi/Loki Mini+/Magni for my TV headphone viewing (ie when toddler is asleep). I would go for the Magni/Modi stack and also throw a Loki Mini+ in between the Magni and Modi so you have some EQ adjustment. That should help you bump up the bass and tune things to your liking. The cables Schiit sells are a little pricey so you can save a little (to put into the headphones) by getting cables from Worlds Best Cables on Amazon.

Note: Schiit just released a combo option for the Magni called the Magni Unity which can incorporate a USB only DAC. The combo is cheaper than a Modi/Magni stack but you would not be able to incorporate an EQ into the stack. Another advantage of the separate Modi DAC is that you can have multiple inputs, like optical and USB for example, and switch between them.