Question about ATX pins

bluedyguard

I am sleeving my Seasonic X and I swear, these goddamn pins have anchor points stronger than they should be so I end up pulling like a mad man, my decrimp tool blasting off and breaking an anchor. Is one enough to hold the connector in place?

One acnchor is strong enough to hold the pin in place, but not recommended, because after time, it will weaken its self because all the pressure of pushing the connector in and out is on just that one side of the pin.

ATX pins are extremely cheap and if you can replace the pin I would recommend doing so.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

One acnchor is strong enough to hold the pin in place, but not recommended, because after time, it will weaken its self because all the pressure of pushing the connector in and out is on just that one side of the pin.

ATX pins are extremely cheap and if you can replace the pin I would recommend doing so.

I can't really find them here but luckily, the PSU came with another cable but even so, I'll plug it in once and leave it like that (I haven't done the PCIe cable yet), would it still be a problem? Do you know a good method for removing the pin? Pushing it in hasn't been lucky with me...

You can't go wrong with this:

too-26.jpg

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series

You can't go wrong with this:

too-26.jpg

I have one.

Never mind, I was a dumbass and didn't put the tool right. Thanks for the help.

if you do not have to do this very often, staples are very good.

get a stack of staples, separate 2 and ben one end straight, then do this again. they are cheap and easy to get.

Now for the ones you have broken, there is risk. One pin on my 24 pin cable did not go all the way in, and I ended up burning a 3930K. I recommend you to get a PSU tester and make sure all connections are secured and firm, then I would call it safe.

Never mind, I was a dumbass and didn't put the tool right. Thanks for the help.

Glad you figured it out :D cant wait to see the out come of your cables bro :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

if you do not have to do this very often, staples are very good.

get a stack of staples, separate 2 and ben one end straight, then do this again. they are cheap and easy to get.

Now for the ones you have broken, there is risk. One pin on my 24 pin cable did not go all the way in, and I ended up burning a 3930K. I recommend you to get a PSU tester and make sure all connections are secured and firm, then I would call it safe.

I pushed them all the way through and they wouldn't come out when I pulled them, kinda safe I guess. If I have any left I'll make the other CPU cable but I bought 35 and I think I have around 28-29 left.

I pushed them all the way through and they wouldn't come out when I pulled them, kinda safe I guess. If I have any left I'll make the other CPU cable but I bought 35 and I think I have around 28-29 left.

At least use a multimeter make sure all connections are connected. Spending 1 hour making sure they work is better than waiting days to get a replacement.

At least use a multimeter make sure all connections are connected. Spending 1 hour making sure they work is better than waiting days to get a replacement.

I've decided that I'll wait a little longer to get the tools to replace the connectors plus the sleeving I did was pretty bad.

I am sleeving my Seasonic X and I swear, these goddamn pins have anchor points stronger than they should be so I end up pulling like a mad man, my decrimp tool blasting off and breaking an anchor. Is one enough to hold the connector in place?

Its not really recommended but if you have one wing that is not damaged and it locks into place well it will be fine. Replacing it would be easy if you have the tools. But even if you don't a needle nose pliers will work fine for a few terminals.

[MAINFrame Customs Shop] | [Sleeving Guide Videos] | [Sleeving FAQ]
[Project Log]:[ Katharos ]: April MotM Winner | [Project Log]:[ Xýlo Kai Chalkó ]: Working | [Project Log]:[ Aspros ]: Done - 4th Place PDX Lan |
[Reason I Live]

Its not really recommended but if you have one wing that is not damaged and it locks into place well it will be fine. Replacing it would be easy if you have the tools. But even if you don't a needle nose pliers will work fine for a few terminals.

That's what I'll be doing once the shop gets the pins in stock. While I was showing the cable to a friend, he was able to pull out the wire. Not putting that anywhere near my PC.