Motherboard Screw fell in PSU

O_Bsnacks

So, I am getting a new case today and thought let me take all of my components out and put them in the original packaging so when the new case come I can just put the parts right in with no hassle of removing it from the other case and putting in the new case. But when taking one of the motherboard screws out it fell in the psu, and when this moment happened my heart stopped. I said to myself that people say never to open your psu because its dangerous and you will void warranty or may break something what have you, so I decided to shake it and I shook it hard like really hard because when shaking lightly sometimes the screw would get stuck somewhere and the only to get it unstuck was to shake it really hard like my house was shaking. I tried to see where the screw was but it was impossible, but then I realized that I can feel where the screw kept hitting on the psu so I took my flashlight and looked and saw that it was stuck on the sides of the fan and the only way to get it out was to take the grill of the psu off as well as the top most cover. I repeat I DID NOT TOUCH ANYTHING WHEN I OPENED IT THE FAN WAS STILL IN THE WAY BUT I WAS ABLE TO GET THE SCREW OUT BY TIPPING IT UPSIDE DOWN. But mainly right now I fear turning my pc on because I do not want to brick my whole system. What the chances I broke anything? 

2 minutes ago, O_Bsnacks said:

What the chances I broke anything? 

Extremely unlikely. The entire ordeal happened when the PC was off and presumably unplugged. It should be fine.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

8 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

Extremely unlikely. The entire ordeal happened when the PC was off and presumably unplugged. It should be fine.

Is there anything I should listen for or look if the system posts to make sure everything is ok?

1 hour ago, O_Bsnacks said:

Is there anything I should listen for or look if the system posts to make sure everything is ok?

The screw just bounced around inside the power supply for a few minutes, it didn't go all Tasmanian Devil on the circuitry.

As long as the screw came out, it should be fine. 

You can always run your old components one more time if you're worried about frying the new parts.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

If you're afraid of the power supply doing something weird, you could try turning it on without plugging it into anything. You can do so by connecting two pins together, like in this video:

Though I highly doubt anything happened to your PSU, it should be absolutely fine.