Is AG200 heavy for transporting ?

Md z

I stay in Hostel for University since Gaming Laptop is expensive in my country I use gaming PC and when I get long holiday I take my PC with me and travel to home.

I am planing to upgrade to Ryzen 3 4350G to Ryzen 5 5600G and I get to know that Ryzen 5 5600G is very much hotter and I need to get a aftermarket cooler. the cheapest and effective cooler is AG200 and it is weight is 300 gm.  low profile cooler is little expensive. 

So now the question is if I use AG200 and I take the case with me and travel to hostel and home will my motherboard be damage ?

1 hour ago, Md z said:

So now the question is if I use AG200 and I take the case with me and travel to hostel and home will my motherboard be damage ?

Depends on how you transport it, e.g. how much vibration there is, what type of vibration there is and so on. I've transported a PC with the cooler attached in a car with no issues, but I was paying attention to drive carefully. Meaning: accelerating and decelerating as softly as possible, no hard corners etc.

You typically want the motherboard to be flat on its back, so the tower cooler sticks straight up. This way it doesn't have to deal with gravity on top of vibration, which should minimize the impact of e.g. bumps in the road. But horizontal acceleration (speeding up, slowing down, corners) will still pull on the cooler and put stress on the motherboard.

Ideally you want to fix the cooler with some sort of packaging material to prevent it from being able to move around at all. But if you travel a lot, you might want to use something reusable, rather than one-time things like self-inflating packaging-material.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

1 hour ago, Eigenvektor said:

Depends on how you transport it, e.g. how much vibration there is, what type of vibration there is and so on. I've transported a PC with the cooler attached in a car with no issues, but I was paying attention to drive carefully. Meaning: accelerating and decelerating as softly as possible, no hard corners etc.

You typically want the motherboard to be flat on its back, so the tower cooler sticks straight up. This way it doesn't have to deal with gravity on top of vibration, which should minimize the impact of e.g. bumps in the road. But horizontal acceleration (speeding up, slowing down, corners) will still pull on the cooler and put stress on the motherboard.

Ideally you want to fix the cooler with some sort of packaging material to prevent it from being able to move around at all. But if you travel a lot, you might want to use something reusable, rather than one-time things like self-inflating packaging-material.

well I travel by train and sometime bus and Yes there is vibration. 

On 12/29/2023 at 4:31 AM, Md z said:

If you don't have full custody of it at all times, it's safer to dismount the cooler. Is even remove the GC, if you have one. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

On 12/29/2023 at 10:31 AM, Md z said:

I'd remove it in this case. And yeah, definitely remove the graphics card if you have one, as @RevGAM said.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply