Always on display on non-pro iPhones?

FI Fheonix

Would there be any possible way/mod to get always on display onto a non pro iPhone? Just curious.

Have you tried turning it off and on again? Maybe Restart it? 

Please make sure to Mark the Solution as a Solution.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Laptop for School: Surface go 2 (sucks ass)

Laptop for tinkering: Dell Inspirion 3358

Audio: Apple Airpods Pro (1st Gen)

(Apple_reigns_ supreme_ forever_ and_ ever)

(I am 15 years old and don't know shit about fucking shit.) 

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

iOS jailbreak if anyone has cracked the current version, I do not keep up with the jailbreak stuff as I only bother with it on EOL devices. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

2 minutes ago, Hinjima said:

I remember downloading an APP for Android once that did this.

Very interesting, do you remember the name?

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I could be just about wrong as I am right.

Main RIG

13600K (Undervolted) +MSI Z690 Edge Wi-Fi+ Team Elite 32gb RAM (3200) +Noctua Nhd-15 Chromax Black+ Intel 670p 1TB SSD+ Intel Arc A770+ Corsair Crystal 465x case+ EVGA SuperNOVA 650W PSU.+ ASUS VP222 Gaming Monitor

Everyone must suffer one of two Pains: The pain of Discipline or the pain of regret and disappointment.

-Jim Rohn

Normally, the Always On Display on the 14 Pro/Pro Max and 15 Pro/Pro Max turns the ProMotion display down to a refresh rate of 1Hz to save battery.

With a non ProMotion iPhone, the display is locked to 60Hz, while the ProMotion display on the 13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro series can change around the refresh rate depending on what is going on (scrolling/video playback/etc.).

Even if you could mod it and get an app to do it on an iPhone that doesn't have that feature on it, I don't know how it'll change the refresh rate (like how Apple makes their Always On Display setting get the screen down to 1Hz), which means that if it's just at 60Hz, battery will drain a bit faster.

(Note: the 13 Pro series does not support Always On Display from the factory because its screen can't go down to 1Hz)

10 hours ago, Rob_dog2 said:

Normally, the Always On Display on the 14 Pro/Pro Max and 15 Pro/Pro Max turns the ProMotion display down to a refresh rate of 1Hz to save battery.

With a non ProMotion iPhone, the display is locked to 60Hz, while the ProMotion display on the 13 Pro/14 Pro/15 Pro series can change around the refresh rate depending on what is going on (scrolling/video playback/etc.).

Even if you could mod it and get an app to do it on an iPhone that doesn't have that feature on it, I don't know how it'll change the refresh rate (like how Apple makes their Always On Display setting get the screen down to 1Hz), which means that if it's just at 60Hz, battery will drain a bit faster.

(Note: the 13 Pro series does not support Always On Display from the factory because its screen can't go down to 1Hz)

That’s true, I forgot about that part.

Main RIG

-Jim Rohn