Take 2 amplifier channels into one channel

iGPR3
Go to solution Solved by Likwid,
3 minutes ago, iGPR3 said:

Hi. I have a bass shaker and a 2 channel amp, and wondered how I would set this up. My amp has 2 channels and I only have one bass shaker that I've positioned in the middle of my rig. So, whenever there is any sound coming from the left channel, the bass shaker doesn't play it, as it's on the amp's right channel. I'm not sure if this amp even supports bridging, (if that's the right term) as the only information they have on it is an amazon page with hardly any information at all, although you can't much to expect when it's a cheap Chinese amp. It's a NEOHIPO AM01 btw. Thanks!

Couldn't find any information about bridging either, but that amp is weird, for that price it's trash.

300w amp with "rms : 15w * 2".

I woudn't try bridging as back of device doesn't show schematic how to do it.

Hi. I have a bass shaker and a 2 channel amp, and wondered how I would set this up. My amp has 2 channels and I only have one bass shaker that I've positioned in the middle of my rig. So, whenever there is any sound coming from the left channel, the bass shaker doesn't play it, as it's on the amp's right channel. I'm not sure if this amp even supports bridging, (if that's the right term) as the only information they have on it is an amazon page with hardly any information at all, although you can't much to expect when it's a cheap Chinese amp. It's a NEOHIPO AM01 btw. Thanks!

3 minutes ago, iGPR3 said:

Couldn't find any information about bridging either, but that amp is weird, for that price it's trash.

(not sure if I understand, bit foggy here) Could you run the output connected to the 2 channel amp in mono?

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

14 minutes ago, Likwid said:

So.. where did you find these 15w*2 specs?? I can't even find that myself and don't recall seeing it before buying the amp, otherwise I wouldn't have bought it. I knew it wouldn't do 300W, but for the price it didn't seem half bad: when I got it, it was only ~£25. And I don't suppose you would you have any other budget amp suggestions that would be a bit more reliable just off the top of your head? My budget is probably £60-70.

14 minutes ago, DJ46 said:

(not sure if I understand, bit foggy here) Could you run the output connected to the 2 channel amp in mono?

That would certainly work, yes. But I'm using a program called Voicemeeter to use both my speakers and my bass shaker as one output - meaning my speakers won't have left and right channels. For sim racing, an app called SimHub lets me configure the bass shakers separately and then send the other sound through the Windows default device, but for music or Windows sound in general, I'll need to use Voicemeeter.

I think it'll be easiest just to run it all in mono, I'm not really too bothered about left and right channels. I'll probably get a new amp anyways and just find a mono channel one.

Edit: do either of you guys know an app that I can use to configure and use 2 outputs at once? Voicemeeter is okay but I can't control each device's volume or use low/high pass filters.

Edited by iGPR3

A friend gave me this to test and it could handle two 165w rms speakers without any problems, but I think power brick is not included.

I'm using 7 year old denon av reciever and connected it using optical.

7 x 115w 8ohm rms outputs

8 minutes ago, Likwid said:

A friend gave me this to test and it could handle two 165w rms speakers without any problems, but I think power brick is not included.

I'm using 7 year old denon av reciever and connected it using optical.

7 x 115w 8ohm rms outputs

Thanks for your help, I'll look into those Fosi audio amps. They seem decent for the price, and although most of them still don't state the RMS, I'm sure it'll be higher than the mere 15w my current amp does.

32 minutes ago, iGPR3 said:

Thanks for your help, I'll look into those Fosi audio amps. They seem decent for the price, and although most of them still don't state the RMS, I'm sure it'll be higher than the mere 15w my current amp does.

This chanell has really good reviews and does testing for rms.

For sample model in review did really great.

I myself was super surprised as I was looking at 400-500 Eur amps at the time.