Can i activate COEM win 7 with an OEM licence?

Hukko
Go to solution Solved by Needfuldoer,

I think the license should work as long as you install the same edition of Windows. (Home/Pro/Ultimate/Enterprise)

16 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Still tho 10€ is a steal for such a good board like the g33m ds2r so if you are interested in screwing around with 775 fsb oc then thatd be your pick

Goodluck to you aswell =)

Sorry to bother you again but after I put it all on the old mbo it won't boot into windows, it just starts loading, blue screens and restarts, it does it on the old drive, new SSD and in safe mode,

Could it be that when I plugged the old HDD into the new board it overwrote something and now the old mbo doesn't know what to do with it so it just boot loops?

But I am currently reinstalling win on the SSD so that he can at least use the pc, so I hope that this at least works 

2 hours ago, Hukko said:

Sorry to bother you again but after I put it all on the old mbo it won't boot into windows, it just starts loading, blue screens and restarts, it does it on the old drive, new SSD and in safe mode,

Could it be that when I plugged the old HDD into the new board it overwrote something and now the old mbo doesn't know what to do with it so it just boot loops?

But I am currently reinstalling win on the SSD so that he can at least use the pc, so I hope that this at least works

Set bios settings to default see if that helps

1 hour ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Set bios settings to default see if that helps

setting bios to default didnt work, I installed windows on the ssd and plugged in the old hdd so all the files are accessible

1 hour ago, Hukko said:

setting bios to default didnt work, I installed windows on the ssd and plugged in the old hdd so all the files are accessible

forgot the bios section that has the sata settings to set between ide and ahci so ill have to run my p5q again, maybe tomorrow ill send a pic

Essentially you may be running ahci while your os is ide or vice versa which causes the insta bluescreen

I assume you get to the windows is starting screen but before the windows logo even tries to appear it bsods for a split second and resets?

59 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

forgot the bios section that has the sata settings to set between ide and ahci so ill have to run my p5q again, maybe tomorrow ill send a pic

Essentially you may be running ahci while your os is ide or vice versa which causes the insta bluescreen

so maybe when i took out the cmos battery from the old mbo to put in the new one, it changed the bios settings to default, so I will 

have to change it back?

59 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I assume you get to the windows is starting screen but before the windows logo even tries to appear it bsods for a split second and resets?

yes, the windows is starting appears and the logo animation starts playing for like 1-2seconds and that it bsods and restarts

1 minute ago, Hukko said:

so maybe when i took out the cmos battery from the old mbo to put in the new one, it changed the bios settings to default, so I will 

have to change it back?

yes, the windows is starting appears and the logo animation starts playing for like 1-2seconds and that it bsods and restarts

Yea its problably something to do with how the sata ports are set

ill send a pic later after i go sleep

36 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Yea its problably something to do with how the sata ports are set

ill send a pic later after i go sleep

changing it from ahci to ide worked and it boots now, thanks a lot 🙂

Uncle was getting a bit angry that it is all fuked up 😄

5 minutes ago, Hukko said:

changing it from ahci to ide worked and it boots now, thanks a lot 🙂

Uncle was getting a bit angry that it is all fuked up 😄

Called it

Oh and for some reason im still not asleep even though i only slept 4 hours for today