B350--->B550? GPU Upgrade? I have questions!

Tz000

Budget (including currency): 1000$

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming and casual use.

Other details

Hey all,

Little back story, I have an original Ryzen build (MSI Gaming Pro Carbon B350, Ryzen 1600 3.8ghz, Vega FE 16gb, 16gb 3200mhz cl16, 250gb ssd, 1tb hdd etc.) it was an excellent computer for the past 4-5 years but Its starting to show its age in some newer games.  So recently I purchased a Ryzen 5600x and flashed my bios and that has been a significant improvement but I feel like the board isn't perfectly compatible with the CPU and I have had a couple unexplained BSOD's.  

I want to upgrade to a B550 Mobo ( MAG B550 TOMAHAWK MAX WIFI on sale for 80$ off atm ) & A new m.2 ssd ( Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 )  Also in the cards is a new graphics card but my first question is how much of a performance increase would I see just from the new B550 Mobo / SSD?  

Next question is my GPU just a massive bottleneck in this situation now?  I play esports games at 1080p 144hz but occasionally other titles as well and would like to play anything & everything at 144fps+ at good settings.

Looking at the 6700XT or 3070. Are these cards complete overkill for 1080 144hz? I want to go another 3-5 years on this computer after these few upgrades.  I am not apposed to used gpus etc.

I have been out of the loop on computer hardware for a few years so help is appreciated.

Happy Holidays!